Help dont know where to start looking!!!! bmc 30 ultimax 3 y axis problem

Thread: Help dont know where to start looking!!!! bmc 30 ultimax 3 y axis problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help dont know where to start looking!!!! bmc 30 ultimax 3 y axis problem

Hi Guys i Wonder if you can help me
    I have a 1996 bmc 30 ultimax 3 , the problem i have is the z will jog ok and so will the x , but when i select y and try to jog it it alarms up on screen ( y following error ) or if try to home the machine , z is ok ,when it trys to home the x it goes part the way and i get (y encoder fault) it shows on on the screen as moving but used a clock and base and there is no pysical movement of the y axis on the handwheel or in jog
    I dont know where to start looking for the fault

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help dont know where to start looking!!!! bmc 30 ultimax 3 y axis problem

This is what I did . I have an ultimax 2

First I swapped the x and y inputs on the dual axis board and tried to move the y axis. If it acts the same, swap the inputs back, if the problem moves to x then you know it is the dual axis board

Next I swapped the x and y servo amp. This is when my axis problems swapped. So I knew it was the servo amp. I ordered a new amp and I was back up running.

If you have any more questions just ask. I will try to help

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help dont know where to start looking!!!! bmc 30 ultimax 3 y axis problem

Thanks for getting back to me Steve , il try as you say and get back to you
    Adrian

Downloads
    Uploads

My MD 3 had a sticker on the inside of the door that identified most of the boards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just out of intrest steve how did you become so knowledgeable with the hurco machines ? its a steep Learning curve for me , im only used to driving them!! but now im a fred in the shed i need to learn fast !! thank you so much for your help and advice , i think its looking like the duel axis board , have you any idea how much they would be ? and can they be repaired
    Adrian

Downloads
    Uploads

Adrian- I have 2 Hurco machines. A md1 and a md3. They are both old and break. I have no choice but to fix them. I spent 18 years working on and fixing industrial equipment.

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Steve your an absolute star !!!! , i followed your instructions and it turned out to be the y amp faulty ,did you get yours repaired or did you replace it , im going to have to send mine back to hurco uk for a re furb i think
    Adrian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Steve sorry ,ive re read your original post and you said you ordered a new one , could you give me the e mail of the place you ordered it from and il contact them to see if they have one in stock
    Adrian

Downloads
    Uploads

I got mine from Mid West Cnc. Ask for Dave Price

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Steve i will try them
    Adrian