Need Help! Hurco Hawk 5M machine specs

Thread: Hurco Hawk 5M machine specs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hurco Hawk 5M machine specs

Hello,
    Been searching with no luck on more details on mechanics of machine.
    It is going to be a control refit so dont really care about existing controls.
    Anything about construction and details on the head, screws, gibs, exploded part diagrams.
    Ill take anything.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurco Hawk 5M machine specs

What exactly are you looking for? I have a 5M and related manuals. Maybe you can help me also. I am looking for the spindle motor wiring (inside spindle motor) on a 380v system. I just need the wire number connections inside the spindle motor. Mine does not seem to be correct. Let me know if you can help and also what you need from the manuals. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Taz2012 View Post
    What exactly are you looking for? I have a 5M and related manuals. Maybe you can help me also. I am looking for the spindle motor wiring (inside spindle motor) on a 380v system. I just need the wire number connections inside the spindle motor. Mine does not seem to be correct. Let me know if you can help and also what you need from the manuals. Thanks!
    What do you mean inside the motor? At the hookup for incoming power? From a VFD or just normal 3 wire in? If you have 6 numbered wires it should be t456 together, and t1 to l1, t2 to l2 ect. If its an american wired motor it will be diffrent as there arw more then 6 wires

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am trying to find the lead wires from spindle motor and how they connect. It was removed while rigging and when it was put back it is not quite right. The computer side voltage drops when spindle comes on. The issue is "pecker head" cover says 380v and motor plate says 220/440. Contacted Hurco and they say it is 380. If I can find someone with same setup I will copy there wiring arrangement to see if it helps. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Taz2012 View Post
    I am trying to find the lead wires from spindle motor and how they connect. It was removed while rigging and when it was put back it is not quite right. The computer side voltage drops when spindle comes on. The issue is "pecker head" cover says 380v and motor plate says 220/440. Contacted Hurco and they say it is 380. If I can find someone with same setup I will copy there wiring arrangement to see if it helps. Thanks!
    I cannot help with that mine has a VFD and some odd european conversion as hurco calls it. I can post a picture of my cabinet but have a feeling its going to be diffrent. I belive 380 is 240 without the neutral leg

Downloads
    Uploads

On second look I may have a pdf from hurco regaurding the head wiring and controls that may be able to help you. PM me an e-mail and I can send it to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have purchased a parts and wiring manual for my hawk5 i will be getting it sometime next week i will look and see what is in it. On a side not what are you replacing on yours for the control refit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inskeep View Post
    Hello,
    Been searching with no luck on more details on mechanics of machine.
    It is going to be a control refit so dont really care about existing controls.
    Anything about construction and details on the head, screws, gibs, exploded part diagrams.
    Ill take anything.
    Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like the Machmotion stuff.
    Done a lot of research and to put together system myself you cant beat the price.
    That and they are 20 minutes away from me.

Downloads
    Uploads

I cant argue with that especialy that close to you. Are ypu gping to keep the siemens amp drivers and baldor servos or upgrading those as well?
    I like the Machmotion stuff.
    Done a lot of research and to put together system myself you cant beat the price.
    That and they are 20 minutes away from me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, the Hurco I am looking at has already been stripped of all servos and controls. Going with Tecos that Machmotion offers.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, the Hurco I am looking at has already been stripped of all servos and controls. Going with Tecos that Machmotion offers.
    What parts of the wiring diagrams are you in need of? I have a complete set but they are to large for me to scan on my scanner.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know this is an old post but I'm also looking for information on this mill, specifically wireing schematics and exploded parts diagrams.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys,

I think i have a problem with my Hurco Hawk 5M. When i try to run a Tap cycle, i constantly get the error "Speed Too Low" if i try to use a speed under 550 RPM. With a drill i can use low speeds with no problem, but when i program a Tap, i can't go lower than 550RPM. I can program lower speeds, but in AUTO mode it won't run the program, it just says "error: tap speed too low". I tried it with different tap diameters, from 6mm to 16mm and the error is the same every time (with the low speed gear selected).

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks.