NEED HELP! Hurco VM10

Thread: NEED HELP! Hurco VM10

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEED HELP! Hurco VM10

My 2012 Hurco VM10 will not startup. It is running Winmax 9. The cabinet fans come on, the axis drives read "bb", and the PC lights are on, however the front display screen does not come on and ALL the lights on the front control panel are on and stay on. Any ideas?

Todd

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEED HELP!  Hurco VM10-img_5348-jpg   NEED HELP!  Hurco VM10-img_5347-jpg   NEED HELP!  Hurco VM10-img_5346-jpg   NEED HELP!  Hurco VM10-img_5345-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED HELP! Hurco VM10

call your local service. Time for a new black box.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does the display show the memory info before it goes blank?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No the display does not show the memory info on startup.

What is interesting the issue comes and goes. The issue started the last week of April and then everything started working again for the full month of May until today. i'm back to a blank screen with all the LEDs on the front control lit up. Could it be the hard drive?

Downloads
    Uploads

It could be the flat panel node behind the display or even a badly seated board in the control rack.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

todd

firstly , re seat all the connections carefully, make sure 24v power connectors are gut-n-snug....

grab a pc monitor (vga) and plug it into the computer. hurco uses windows platform computer.

turn on the machine mains, see if you get "video output" should start on bios then go to winmax ( it runs just like a regular desktop )
    if you have video, clean and "superlube" connector and re-install, open console back and do the same with vga connector on the lower left side of board.
    if you do not have video at temp monitor, your "pc" has video out issues, ( i have just slapped a cheap video board into computer and fixed issue)

the Black Box (oh so scary) is just an Industrial pc with I/O boards plugged in. I have rebuilt many of the old style!

i have a few hurcos , video out issues do pop up. hot and humid environment here, Sunny Thailand

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

please help me if you can
    my hurco vm1 machine model 2007

It was working well without any problems but last week when I running the machine in the morning I did not response so I opened the back door and noticed the following:

- When the power switch is turned on, all fans,including the power supply fan, operate for one second and then stop.- I checked the power supply with the help of an electronics technician and we found that the power supply had bad capacitors. We repaired it and tested the voltage outside it. It was correct and then we installed it.- After that, the situation changes slightly when all the cables are connected in correct place and the power switch is run. The same problem occurs, but when the motherboard(PEAK715-HT(LF) REV=D1) is removed, we find that the power supply is working and all the fans are working. Even the red and green lights started to work.- Of course, I concluded that the problem might have been caused by it and I checked it and found the capacitors damaged and changed but unfortunately did not notice any positive changeOnce the motherboard is installed and then rebooted, all fans start working for a second or two and then stop
    But if the motherboard is removed and the power switch is turned on, life will run out again.Sorry for the lengthening but the question here is is it really possible to have a problem with my motherboard? Can I buy a new one from Hurco? How much will it be priced? Because I worry about the price. and if i buy it from china by ebay, for example, do i have problems with CMOS battery ?
    thanks