Need Help! hurco tm8 bought june 2008 not starting up after shutdown for cleaning.

Thread: hurco tm8 bought june 2008 not starting up after shutdown for cleaning.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default hurco tm8 bought june 2008 not starting up after shutdown for cleaning.

Hi all , I am aiming this problem at Bloke as I think I read of a similar problem which he answered , the machine was shut down for the weekend and had a thorough clean out on the Monday morning it refused to start up requesting Administrator password .

Thanks in advance if you can help in any way.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: hurco tm8 bought june 2008 not starting up after shutdown for cleaning.

I have a little. Need some more information though. 2008 machine is it still Ver 2 software or has it been updated to version 8 or 9? I don't have much experience with version 2 software.
    when does it prompt you for the administrator password? during boot process and never makes it to winmax. or it has made it to winmax input screen then the prompt to admin password shows up.
    I can not think of any thing you have done just cleaning it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: hurco tm8 bought june 2008 not starting up after shutdown for cleaning.

Hi powerr, thanks for the reply.

It does run version 02.02.03.01

It doesn't make it the length of the winmax screen. It throws up a small window telling me that the dynamic link library rtapi_32.dll could not be found in the specified path. C:\Program etc..

When I close this window it then says you do not have sufficient security priveleges to install devices on this computer. Please contact your site administrator, or log out and log in again as an administrator and try again.

It is not networked and I have never had to log in before, but I have guessed the password and can get into the windows screen and can see the Winmax icon etc. but when I try to launch it from the windows screen it throws up the same message about unable to locate DLL.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have not seen that one before. sounds like a corrupted hard drive. most likely nothing you did just bad luck. I have not had much experience with the older machines, but I would try to check disk on the C drive. If you can get to the windows screen use compmgmt.msc to get to the disk management screen. then highlight the c drive winmax partition, then go to actions run check disk and check the attempt to repair. you may have to reboot to get it to run check disk. after that see if it runs.
    other than that you will have to get a tech out there to take a look at it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again power,

I will follow your instruction in the morning and let you know how it goes .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi. I have a friend with same problem and shows same file missing rtapi_32.dll .
    I am a computer engineer and have checked drive for errors etc. but no errors are showing.
    I do notice a partition on the drive called "recovery" and one file in it called "factory.img"
    Does anyone know how to use this to recover as I am sure this would be the backup for the hard drive ??
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

As Explained to me factory.img is jut the windows operating system. not the software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Many thanks powerr.
    Just to update, I ran a file recovery program and was able to recover the file rtapi_32.dll. This allowed me to advance further into Winmax but still looks for missing files.
    I just recovered the one file to see how I got on but obviously the hard disk has been damaged as the recovery program brought up quite a few files which need attention

I will continue to recover the files and see what happens.
    Thanks again