Hi guys. First time posting here. I wanted to get some opinions. I am a rookie at best but have learned so much over the last year. Thank god for youtube and all of the forums. I bought a 1997 Hawk 5 about a year ago and feel pretty confident in drawing (Bobcad) and machining most simple parts. I quickly learned that I wanted to have an enclosed machine with a tool changer. Wound up finding a killer deal on a two for one at a local machine shop. It was a stretch but I bought a 2001 VMX50 and a 2006 VM2 with the intention of selling the 50. I spent some time cleaning them up and they are currently in storage until I get my new shop finished. Now my question is which one should I keep. The 50 has the dual screen Ultimax control and the VM2 has Winmax. Both machines are in good shape but the 50 has far fewer hours. I dont have a need for such a large machine but I find myself wanting to keep the 50. 10,000 rpm vs 8,000, 24 tool holder vs 16, and through spindle coolant on the 50. I have a few things in mind to make for sale, mostly aluminum, and like the idea of a larger table to make more pieces at a time. Who knows what things Ill come up with over the next 5 years. Things to consider in my decision. This is a hobby and probably always will be. If I make some cash that would be great but I have to keep my head on strait and focus on my day job. I am completely ate up with machining and spend too much time as it is learning. Space taken in my shop isn't really a factor. I consider it like parking a truck vs a car in a designated area. The only hesitation I have is the VM2 is 5 years newer and has Winmax control. I sacrificed a lot to make the big purchase but they are both paid for and now its a cool problem to have trying to decide which one to keep. And keeping both is not an option...gotta start saving for a lathe someday Any opinion would be greatly appreciated.