Need Help! 2007 hurco vm1 not powering up completely

Thread: 2007 hurco vm1 not powering up completely

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2007 hurco vm1 not powering up completely

Hello to all , I am having a problem where my machine switches on ,screen comes to life but has a line that flickers , I press manual then power and you can hear the contactor clunk but you can go no further , if you press input programming the little marker just scrolls continuously from top to bottom , I cannot get onto manual screen to reset servo etc. when I open the rear cabinet door on the servo I can read bb flashing and base block , it also shows bb on the three servo drivers, I have tested the power output I read about on one of the posts I read ,( the little white posts )and I am not getting 5volts and all other readings are about .5 of a volt down. it has a max control I forgot to say, any advice would be very much appreciated. ps. this is my first post so fingers crossed I have got it right.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2007 hurco vm1 not powering up completely

Does it have a card rack for the boards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I AM TRYING TO REPLY BUT NOT HAVING A LOT OF LUCK , I THOUGHT I COULD SEND YOU A PICTURE AS I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU REFER TOO,

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2007 hurco vm1 not powering up completely-img_0299-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

little marker scrolling from top to bottom indicates a stuck enter key or arrow key on the keypad or qwerty keyboard if you have one plugged in.
    resolve that first then we can move on to the next problem
    No 5 volts at the test point but the machine screen is up indicates that the test point is bad. it happens a lot people short it out when testing to the case. it blows the little trace for that test point open. You can check your 5 volts on the hard drive power connector.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I DO NOT HAVE A KEYBOARD PLUGGED IN AT PRESENT AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW I CAN CHECK THE INPUT BUTTONS ON THE MACHINE AS THEY ARE JUST LITTLE BLISTERS ON MAX KEYPAD. THE FLICKER STILL REMAINS AND I CANNOT GET TO THE MANUAL SCREEN TO RESET.I WILL GIVE SOME MORE PICTURES OF SCREEN AND CABINET INTERNALS IN CASE IT HELPS LET YOU OR SOMEONE SPOT SOMETHING.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2007 hurco vm1 not powering up completely-img_0302-1-jpg   2007 hurco vm1 not powering up completely-img_0303-1-jpg   2007 hurco vm1 not powering up completely-img_0304-1-jpg   2007 hurco vm1 not powering up completely-img_0305-1-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just a word of thanks to Scrambled and Powerr for answering my call for help, it was as powerr stated a fault with the keypad , it turned out water or coolant had got between the membrane and the contacts and over time had started to corrode , but cleaned it well and all is satisfactory now .

so thanks again to all on the forum . msrath

Downloads
    Uploads

Good deal. Glad you got it going.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi powerr, do you have any experience with 2008 /tm8 lathe