HUrco VMX42 4th Axis Card

Thread: HUrco VMX42 4th Axis Card

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HUrco VMX42 4th Axis Card

Hi
    I am fitting a 4th axis CNC rotary table to my 2007 year VMX42 Ultimax controller and am in need of a DSP PCB car Hurco part number 415-0247-010 PCB Assy, MX4 CNC++, a,b,c,d (VT).

So far I haven't been able to locate one on Ebay, also I cannot buy one from Hurco as they are obsolete, does anyone know if any other card could be used or does it have to be this exact card?

Best Regards
    Burgs

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HUrco VMX42 4th Axis Card

If you can find a XZYS card it is the same just a different dip switch settings.
    DSPcard is over 9000.00 new. Used boards could be hit or miss if they will last.
    Your best bet it to upgrade to winmax.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for that Powerr, the XYZS Card 415-247-009 I haven't been able to locate any yet but it gives me two chances at least.
    Thankyou
    Best Regards
    Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Still no luck locating a secondhand or new board, is it possible to use another manufacturers board.

Also I got the year wrong 2005 manufacture.

I have come across 415-0247-001 board would they be compatible I wonder?

In the meantime I have sent a few emails out to people who repair some of the earlier boards to see if I can some information/help there.

Best Regards
    Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

Powerr
    You said it would be best to up grade to Winmax, what are the advantages?

Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

Updated motion controller, Ver 9 software with ultimotion is smooth and fast. Graphics are much better than Ultimax, Check out hurco's programing videos on you tube.

The big benefit is your whole controller get updated
    the whole rack in the control cabinet gets rebuilt with new updated parts
    IF your machine is mechanically sound and well taken care of it would be a good investment.
    Do you all ready have a rotary for it? or do you want the card before you purchase a rotary for it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Wow that sounds like it may cost more than what I paid for Mill $7,500 au so far it all seems to be in very good condition and working well except for the keypad, where the jogging buttons in the minus direction don't work, a real pain in the bum when setting tools up in the Z axis, as you can only manually jog at 0.01mm.

4th axis, I have a Nikken NST300 (Manual tilt and rotation) that I am converting to CNC (rotation only), it is a nice bit of kit, my son pulled it out of the scrap bin where he works, it was thrown out because it was broke, when I pulled it down I found the problem was the worm shaft back bearing adjuster (tapered bearings) had screwed out which resulted excessive backlash that could not be adjusted out normally.
    Input bearings and bottom table taper bearing were US due to water/coolant contamination, gears look real good but water marks on the main radial bearing.

I have sourced a servo motor and driver only now need the card that will work with the Hurco control, plus a bit work fitting up to the table.
    I have also just quoted on a job that requires a 4th axis.

Best Regards
    Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Burgs
    That is a good deal on the rotary. Not sure what to tell you about the DSP card I know there has to some out there somewhere, Just may take a while of searching on ebay
    Did you try contacting DSP control group? DSP Control Group, Inc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Powerr
    Sent an email to DSP and they can help, also have another new option, but every other day I do an Ebay search just in case one shows up.
    Started the clean up of the outside of the table this afternoon, but will leave it at this stage as I may need to pop a couple of extra motor mount holes in, at least all the grease and old paint has been removed, and cleaned internally.

Not sure what oil goes in, but I do have some nice Fuchs solid lube that turns to oil when under pressure of the gears and bearings and it doesn't leak out, used it to stop oil leaks on excavator final drive face seals until we had time to fix proper.

Regards
    burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Curious if anyone accomplished adding an additional Mx4 CNC++ motion control card for a fourth axis on the Hurco Ultimax 4. If so, Did it take a software update or was it simply a matter of changing parameters?
    Thank You