VMX42 Conversational limits or me?

Thread: VMX42 Conversational limits or me?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VMX42 Conversational limits or me?

Hi
    Still trying learn the conversational side of Winmax, and ran into an issue today or may say a couple of issues.
    The machine is a VMX42 year 2007.

1. Needed to circular interpolate a hole starting from the centre of a hole starting at X0 Y0 AND Z0 R79.3mm Depth Z-15. cutter dia 50mm roughing ,mill original hole dia 60mm.
    I am used to starting at the centre and spiralling out and then ramping down with a helix cut so there is no cutting air, but with the conversational all I can get is a 180 degree arc and then make a cut 360 degree then arc out jump up to whatever the clearance setting is and move in X or Y and the drop down again, waist of cutting time?

The other thing is what do you do when you want to face a circular face, this time I wanted to face dia 250mm 0.5 mm depth, because you cannot as far as I know arc in any more than 25mm, not good when your face mill is 63mm as it drops in to the stock because you can't start in the centre of the hole ie in stead of easing into the cut you drop down to Z0, then feed to Z-0.5 ouch, then arc in.
    I changed the parameter to helical but it still appears to start at the same limited 25mm max start of arc in/out which will put it right on to the face, when I want to start in middle spiral in and out for a nice clean cut and not wrecking tools.

Anybody got any advice or am I better off using the G codes and forgetting the conversational?

Best Regards
    Burgs
    PS sorry if this reads a bit hard.