Track ball / screen issue BMC 30

Thread: Track ball / screen issue BMC 30

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Track ball / screen issue BMC 30

So.... my turn has come to have the track ball die on my BMC 30 with Max 3 control....
    Ball works in vertical but not horizontal direction, so i did the usual take it apart and clean, check connections etc. but no luck.
    I ordered one of the joystick types from the Bay, so waiting for it to arrive ( Hurco quoted me € 750 ) btw.
    Anyway, yesterday as i worked on the machine.....i noticed the cursor was showing on the programming screen which progressed to both screens showing the graphics.
    Anyone had this issue on theirs before i go pulling my machine apart or is it a symptom of the dodgy track ball ??
    Here's hoping......Richie Track ball / screen issue BMC 30-2016-07-29-16-19-42-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by richard mc g; 07-30-2016 at 03:10 AM. Reason: add pic.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Track ball / screen issue BMC 30

I repaired mine in this post/thread from some time ago
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/hurco/...kball-now.html

Hope this helps
    Mine still works after 7 years !

Rich

Downloads
    Uploads

This was my fix for my track ball on a max 3. More then likely the foam contacts are bad. Unplig the track ball under the control pannel. Access the ball from under the pannel. Take out the center hax hed. Next pull of the cover this was holding. Take oit the next 2 hex head cap screws the track ball should come out with bottom part. Look at the two shafts that have brass cap bearings if the grey sponge foam is worn down and not making contact with the ball they need to be replaced. Pop the the shafys out carfully with a small flat head electrical screwdriver. I did this by scraping the glue on top of the bushings then prying from each end until the popped free. Pull strait ip and shaft should pull out. Do not lose the bushings they will fall off. Do not damage the optical discs! Wiggle the small shaft clamp by the foam off the shaft with a paor of needle nose plyers. Find a sutable faom material, I used a mr clen magic eraser. Find a punch r make a punch out of a silicon tube tip. Cut it to about the correct diametere sharpen it and use it to make a foam core. Slice a section of core. Put on the shaft. Place shaft back into base. Check for contact with ball. If shaft rotates properly install keeper clip on shaft. Repeate for second contact. Save money you didnt pay hurco to help someone else

Downloads
    Uploads

Richard
    I am not so sure on the old hurco's, but I think that is a video card issue. If you hit input or manual on the console do both screens go to the input or manual screen?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by powerr View Post
    Richard
    I am not so sure on the old hurco's, but I think that is a video card issue. If you hit input or manual on the console do both screens go to the input or manual screen?
    I agree, I never had both screens show the same identical display.
    Could be both issues , trackball and display ?
    Richard