TM10 Lathe MAX control Conversational programming.

Thread: TM10 Lathe MAX control Conversational programming.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TM10 Lathe MAX control Conversational programming.

Howdy folks,

I'm just beginning on the conversational control for this lathe.

I have g-coded it a few times and we have some Master Cam programs from another guy who has left. I no longer have the post for Master Cam and it looks like the conversational for this lathe is quite easy compaired to Mazatrol that I have run in the past.

I am having a little trouble getting started. I wrote a pipe threading program today with just two blocks.

The Position Block and the threading block. I got it to prove out, but had trouble getting Z-zero to the right spot. Any help in the basics "do this first" would be helpful

Thanks.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by adamant; 04-01-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TM10 Lathe MAX control Conversational programming.

It is a new day.

I have the thread working in the graphics but it is all the way behind the spindal and chuck?

I'm not sure how to reset the chuck location.

Any help would be great.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Something is way off with the location of the the safe machining area.

The numbers for z zero and z bottom are in red. When I went to put -.8 in for the z-bottom, I got "invalid entry" numbers must be in between 2.7 and 25.8.........

I have been lying to it to make up for the z problem, but I don't want to limp along forever....................
    :scratchhead:

I'm missing something on the machining safe zone and how to set it.

Is anyone out there?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found a System Config page witht he numbers on it that look very similar to the numbers I have been encountering in red.

Not sure how to change them and it is quitting time

Thanks for the help......see you tomorrow!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK, I figured it out.

I had to put a positive offset in the part setup offset page........I used 5.0

Then on the geometry offset page I subtracted 5.0 from z-zero touch off point. Everything moved to it's proper place in the Graphics and the the run.

Hopefully someone will come along and tell me that I'm not doing it right, or yup, that is how you do it.

Great thread,
    Thanks for the help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adamant View Post
    OK, I figured it out.

I had to put a positive offset in the part setup offset page........I used 5.0

Then on the geometry offset page I subtracted 5.0 from z-zero touch off point. Everything moved to it's proper place in the Graphics and the the run.

Hopefully someone will come along and tell me that I'm not doing it right, or yup, that is how you do it.

Great thread,
    Thanks for the help.

You need to touch the face in part setup and the diameter in tool setup, tool offset page

VISIT HURCONOTES.COM FOR HURCO CNC PROGRAMMING TIPS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hurconotes is right. You should set the face off your tool spindle in your part setup to wherever you want your z zero to be. Then touch your tool off and cal that tool in your tool offset page. Your tool length offset should be the length of the tool and holder from the face of the tool spindle to the tip of the tool.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replies,

I got the Z location figured out. It looks good in the graphics and runs like a champ.

So, I added a hole (drill) operation. Had no trouble getting it all to in line. Ran a dry run with no stock in place, worked great.

I wanted to add a chamfer but found there is no boring cycle in this software. There is a profile block, but it seems to be only for OD. I struggled with the profile block to try to make it do an ID chamfer with a boring bar, but it would not do it. My next step is going to be using a center drill to put the chamfer on. I did not get to the Hurco lathe today because I was working on the Hardinge Talent 8/52.............now that is a sweet little lathe.

Thanks for the help