Need Help! Hurco Dynapath Delta 30 Front panel keys not working

Thread: Hurco Dynapath Delta 30 Front panel keys not working

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hurco Dynapath Delta 30 Front panel keys not working

I have a 1993 Hurco 3 axis machine with a Dynapath Delta 30 control. I had an e-stop issue where I wasn't getting a 24v signal through the e-stop string. While that was out my keyboard quit. (the keyboard was working, then while machine was powered down something changed and it doesn't work.) I have the E-stop working now though.

Basically the problem I have is that not a single key is working on the front panel. (soft keys also) It leads me to believe that the keys did not all magically go bad at one time but rather there is something else going on.

Referring to the circuit board behind the keyboard; there is power coming in on the red and black wires like it is supposed to. +24v and +15v plus the Grnd. With the power off, I shorted all the ends of one side of the 37pin connector on the board, then I went to the other end by the computer part in the back panel and "ohmed out" each wire to make sure there wasn't an open break in the cable. The cables are good.

If the machine sits for approx. 20 minutes it goes to a screensaver screen where it flashes "press any key to activate screen" Obviously i cant get the screen to activate after that time. The 2 ribbon wires that come in from the bottom are rows and columns for the keys themselves. I tried shorting with a jumper wire from one row pin to one column pin, in essence creating the same effect as a button being pushed and nothing happened. (Screen did not activate.) Which I feel proves it is not the keys themselves.

There are Eproms in one of the main computer boards in the back. I re-seated each one that I could find and I believe that is what actually solved my unrelated e-stop issue. Now if I release the e-stop button I can hear the pumps kick on and it is ready to run or vise versa. I re-seated every EPROM on every board i could find to no avail.

Thoughts?