Need Help! VMX30 & VMX42 UltiNet FTP setup

Thread: VMX30 & VMX42 UltiNet FTP setup

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy VMX30 & VMX42 UltiNet FTP setup

Dear CNC Zone Users,

I'm having huge difficulties in setting up and connecting to my Hurco VMX30 and VMX42 machines (3 of each). All are configured with UltiNet, and Network settings have been set according to specs.

IP: 192.168.0.xxx
    SUBNET: 255.255.255.0

When I try to PING or FTP to the machines NOTHING HAPPENS, the router and ethernet jacks all confirm that the cables are in place (connected: Green/Orange LEDS blink once every so often) and a laptop connected directly to the machines also confirms that 100mbit negotiation has been established, but I'm unable to connect to any of the machines

All equipment is on the same subnet/ip range, and I've tried connecting directly to each machine and via a router/switch and still nothing. I've tried Port scanning all available IPs on the subnet and only the router and my own laptop responds to these requests.

Can anyone out there please help.

Ps. Normally I would consider my self pretty tech savvy, but this heavy duty machinery seems to have another way of handling "network" activity.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Are they ultimax or winmax? either way if you contact hurco tech support they can send you the paperwork.

If they are ultimax you need to enter the IP address of the computer with the FTP server. you will not be able to ping the ultimax machines.
    Under the network set up pages in ultimax as long as you have the IP address set on each machine, the pass words all left at default and they are all on the same network. under storage functions there is a network button you should be able to should be able to see the other machines. I cannot remember what else there was to it has been awhile since i have set up a dos machine.

winmax you can set it up like a standard windows XP.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks powerr

they are UltimaMax and for sure DOS setup. The VMX30 and 42's are configurable as both FTP server and client.

We got a HURCO technician, and for some "strange" reason the network cards were fried. I'm still clueless as to HOW so many cards could fry, other than the old Switch might have ruined them. On the other hand, IRQ settings in the BIOS could very well be the another reason for the cards not working the first time around, since both things were changed during the network-card swap.

Anyway things seem to be working on two of the machines now, the thing is these network cards are terribly expensive through the official channels, any ideas??

So for now I will test with one of the old "non-working" cards again, and see if this merely was an BIOS setting problem.

I sure would have been great with a winmax setup instead of dos, since it's been WAAYYYYY to many years, since I've configured TCP/IP over NETBIOS in DOS mode.

Thanks again for the reply :-)

Quote Originally Posted by powerr View Post
    Are they ultimax or winmax? either way if you contact hurco tech support they can send you the paperwork.

If they are ultimax you need to enter the IP address of the computer with the FTP server. you will not be able to ping the ultimax machines.
    Under the network set up pages in ultimax as long as you have the IP address set on each machine, the pass words all left at default and they are all on the same network. under storage functions there is a network button you should be able to should be able to see the other machines. I cannot remember what else there was to it has been awhile since i have set up a dos machine.

winmax you can set it up like a standard windows XP.

Downloads
    Uploads

Look at the old card and google the 3com and model number. you can find them for less than $100.00us. The only issue with not geting them from hurco is the card may need to be configured with the 3com utility. I wont hurt to try.