Hurco VM10 pricing+features

Thread: Hurco VM10 pricing+features

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hurco VM10 pricing+features

I´m looking to buy a new Hurco VM10 and have been in contact with Hurco Europe and are somewhat confused about their pricing. If someone who recently bought a similar machine in the US could tell me what you paid it would be great.

I found the price $41995 at this site: HURCO*:: Propliers

They claim the Europe versions are different to the US ones, therefore the higher price. This is what EU are supposed to have which US ones are missing:

Coolant Pistol
    Air Pistol
    Working light
    Simultaneous graphic display of processing on the screen during processing
    40 GB hard drive instead of 2 GB
    2 GB of system memory instead of 256 Mb
    The bright green plastic cover on coolant pistol
    USB port
    High-speed functions for 3D machining
    ISNC - ISO code incl. macro programming
    QWERTY keyboard
    Rigid tapping
    Possibility of choice at no extra charge choose BT40 tool arm
    CE Marking inc. interlocking of the service door
    Education

Can someone confirm this?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

i dont know about that model, but my us version of the vmx42 came with those... but we have the cat40 and not the bt40 . oh, and no bright green plastic cover on the coolant pistol. that must be where that extra money went, lol sorry if i am not much help.

Downloads
    Uploads

The CE interlocking is a lot more than just the interlock. There is a considerable amount of hardware involved in the control cabinet that you can't see.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I purchased a VM-10 with single WinMax screen in December with rigid tap and a large cat 40 tooling package for right at 40k delivered. I'm not sure the difference between Euro and US models but the price doesn't sound too bad and you should be able to negotiate a few freebies.

If your not using a CAD/CAM for programming, take a close look at the DXF transfer option its really worth the investment.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for replys guys. FYI the Euro version have a base price of $63000.

It got too expensive for that machine so I ended up with a slightly used DMG DMU 50 instead.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurco VM10 pricing+features

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    The CE interlocking is a lot more than just the interlock. There is a considerable amount of hardware involved in the control cabinet that you can't see.
    bloke

same cabinet and same wiring, just an extra pair of wires at the I/O and parameter 0 or 1, and an autolock switch.
    hurco wants you to believe they can only help, i only need them to to do anything proprietary that i cant hack myself.

david
    hurco is very territorial with new machines, so you will have to deal with the local Rep and put up with their pricing structures.
    I would recommend to anyone looking for any new machine to go to a SHOW and spend 2 hours picking their brain to get the best information for your solution.
    I love buying used machines, there are many companies that dont use their machines and will sell at a big discount, leasing companies are cheaper but a pain in the ass to negotiate with.

hurco uses propriety castings and software (boards are licensed from kollmorgen ect) thats it! everything else is Store bought.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurco VM10 pricing+features

There are a series of Pilz safety relays and other associated relays to check all states of the interlocking. European regions are wired for CE conformity, US and some other regions are wired for ANSI conformity.
    There is a lot more involved than two wires and a parameter set to 1 or 0.