Help - What's the best way to cut a tube clamp with an angel to the surface?

Thread: Help - What's the best way to cut a tube clamp with an angel to the surface?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help - What's the best way to cut a tube clamp with an angel to the surface?

Hi,

I'm trying to make a tube clamp that it'll hold the tube at an angel to the front/back surface. How would you guys do it? This is my first time dealing with angled holes so i'd like to learn from your CNC veterans...i've attached the pic.

Thanks in advance

Daz

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help - What's the best way to cut a tube clamp with an angel to the surface?-hlbracket02_ed2-gif  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help - What's the best way to cut a tube clamp with an angel to the surface?

If you only need to make one of these (or maybe just a few) it's generally easier to use an angle vise, or some angled parallels in a standard vise to get the angle you need. If you want to make more than a few, then you start looking at custom holding fixtures and maybe a (rotary) 4th axis for tilting the part. I would have to see the whole part to tell you much more than that.

C|

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help - What's the best way to cut a tube clamp with an angel to the surface?

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus x-1 View Post
    If you only need to make one of these (or maybe just a few) it's generally easier to use an angle vise, or some angled parallels in a standard vise to get the angle you need. If you want to make more than a few, then you start looking at custom holding fixtures and maybe a (rotary) 4th axis for tilting the part. I would have to see the whole part to tell you much more than that.

C|
    Thanks for the input. i'm gonna hold it with my sine vise and a toolmaker vise. my next question is how to program the stock when its mounted on a angle.