Whats your strategy for multiple fixtures?

Thread: Whats your strategy for multiple fixtures?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Whats your strategy for multiple fixtures?

Whats your strategy for multiple fixtures? For example you mill the top of a part, then refixture to do the bottom, and then another for the side. I see its common in the tutorials to see the part in a vise, or on a fixture plate. They really only show the machining of the top of the part, but what about the bottom?

Do you make an alternate position for the assembly? I tried this and it messes up the original tool paths, I have to remember to go to the original position if I want to generate and post process. Whats your strategy? Make a new assembly of the part in alternate position?

I'm using Inventor HSM (HSMWorks) in Inventor 2015 if that makes a difference.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Whats your strategy for multiple fixtures?

In InventorHSM we don’t move the model we setup the WCA to your part. So to do a second setup you simply create a new Setup folder set the WCS for the new set up and start cutting. I’ll work on a sample part to show a couple of ways of how it works.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Whats your strategy for multiple fixtures?

(sorry for the late reply) Here is a good video demonstrating setting up the coordinate system as CamMan described (this is HSMWorks with SW):

If that is not clear, than back up to video #1 or #2 in the series, and watch the multiple setups to machine 3 parts of the part.

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Whats your strategy for multiple fixtures

paylaþým için çok teþekkürler programý kurdum fakat internete girdiðimde linans deaktif oluyor. Sorunu çözmenin bir yolu var mýdýr acaba?

Missing toolbar in Explorer | IT Queries: Computer problems answered