tb6560 to mach 111 interface board

Thread: tb6560 to mach 111 interface board

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default tb6560 to mach 111 interface board

Hi Guys,
    I've bought the two attached components to play with but neither were supplied with wiring diagram, I'm confident I can wire the stepper motor to the driver, but not sure how to wire the driver to the interface board, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the attached board?
    cheers,
    John

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tb6560 to mach 111 interface board-d6336-jpg   tb6560 to mach 111 interface board-tb6560-stepping-motor-driver-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have a wiring diagram, but it should be relatively straightforward to hook things up.

Since it's unclear whether the breakout board can source enough current to drive the optoisolators on the TB6560 board, it's probably best to wire it up to "sink" current.

That is, connect the axis step pin (for example, the X axis step terminal from the breakout board) to CLK- of the driver, and connect +5 volts to CLK+

Similarly, connect the axis direction pin to CW- of the dirver, and connect +5 volts to CW+

And connect the enable pin to EN- of the driver and connect +5 volts to EN+.(there is some ambiguity about the enable pin hookup to the driver - for example, there is a single enable terminal for all axes on the breakout board rather than individual axis enable pins, and the description of the enable behavior on the driver is also somewhat ambiguous, and so it may be necessary to play with the enable signal to get things right - if your motors do not have holding torque then it's possible that the enable hookup needs to be wired differently).

You will probably need to set Mach3 for Step Low Active and Dir Low Active (in the ports and pins screen) for each axis.

Note: the breakout board has some other possible unknowns - for example, the function of the terminal marked "main axis switch" is a bit ambiguous, and it's not completely clear whether you can get by with just hooking up a USB cable to the breakout board in order to steal +5 volts from the PC, or whether some of the functions require an auxiliary 12 volt power supply.