Wasp H20 drawing in solidworks

Thread: Wasp H20 drawing in solidworks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wasp H20 drawing in solidworks

Hey,

I just stumbled on this forum and thought that I would share my current cad project. I'm drawing the Wasp H20 from Heward Microjects in Solidworks and plan on machining it sometime in the future. I've attached 2 pics.

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wasp H20 drawing in solidworks-turbine-assembly-jpg   Wasp H20 drawing in solidworks-turbine-assembly2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Very interesting.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face

hi sm_46

do you have any specs on this turbine your building?

i'm building the mw54 from wren turbines at the mo and it would be interesting to see the differences in spec between both turbines.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey blighty,

here are the specs listed on the website:

Max Thrust: 18-20 lb 8.1-9.07 kg

Engine weight: 2 lb 950 gr

Engine weight with starter: 2.4 lb 1090 gr

Max RPM: 148,000 RPM

Fuel consumption @ max RPM: 260 ml/min 200 gr/min

Diameter: 3.74 in 95 mm

Length: 6.69 in 175 mm

Length with starter: 9.64 in 245 mm

From what I have read, the listed thrust has never been attained by a customer. A more realistic thrust is 14-15 pounds, but several changes have been made since those figures were released so maybe 18 pounds is possible.

I saw your thread about the mw54, very impressive machining work. When you were turning the intake housing, did you make steps and then just smooth out the steps with a round tool?

Downloads
    Uploads

nice size turbine, little bit bigger than the '54 but with 5-6lb more power. have you an idea what your going to put it in?

the inlet cone was done by a half-assed follower. you can see it in one of the pics (round bit of ali with a little blue thing in the middle)
    the outer rad was done by hand. as it has no reference on how the turbine runs its just to get the wight down and make it look nice.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wasp H20 drawing in solidworks-in2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now I understand. I was asking about how you made the inlet because in the wasp engine the inlet is a one piece design that shapes the airflow into the compressor. One side is the intake, but the other has to be identical to the curved part of the compressor wheel. You can see it in the first post pictures.

As for what I will put it in, I don't know. Jets are expensive and you need a good runway which my rc club does not have. We have 3 very nice grass runways, but they are not smooth enough for jets. I might make a turbo prop attachment and insert it into my spare 2m Funtana Pro that is still in the box waiting to be built.

Downloads
    Uploads

because in the wasp engine the inlet is a one piece design that shapes the airflow into the compressor. One side is the intake, but the other has to be identical to the curved part of the compressor wheel
    thats the same as the '54. first i did the compressor side which is .1mm bigger than the compressor. then the lip that will fit in to the front case and then roughed out the inlet. part it off, face off the bit that is still in the chuck and put a hole in it the same size as the lip. making sure its a tight fit. put the part back in and turn the rest. job done.

Jets are expensive and you need a good runway
    i thought this until i started looking in to it. yes. your right, if your going for an f14 with all the bells and whistles. but you can get or make planes for your turbine that don't cost the earth and will take off from really nasty grass strips. we have a plane over here called a Bob cat (i think). they make 3 sizes, .50, .90 and a 1.20 size ic engines. people are buying the 1.20 for £180 and putting turbines in them.

i will post a vid of a home made plane taking off of said strip with no problems. it will do every thing in the book and it's only made from balsa.