RC copter camera platform, scratch built - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RC copter camera platform, scratch built

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have a Gas power AP ship my is at 20lbs when taking pic's i hover it at 1400rpm it has a down link i got $3000 invested in it i can sent you pic's if you like but before oyu try to build one learn to fly one first they are not hard but the learing takes time and $$

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am learning to fly both airplanes and helicopters. I will say that the heli is a whole different animal, if you've never flown one before. Where an airplane can be made to aerodynamically self-correct, there is no such thing with helis. You have to move the sticks all the time. Most A.P. helicopters have a second person controlling the camera for this reason. If you want something a bit more automated, you would have to invest in a stabilization system that can hold the heli in a hover at a constant altitude while you control the camera.

If you want something that will work extremely well out of the box, definitely look into the Bergen Observer mentioned above. It uses two-stroke fuel like a line trimmer or chain saw. One tank will last 20-30 minutes depending on the weight carried.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, curious about the camera gear. What type of camera/system is this? Only 35mm? Have you weighed everything?

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know of a camera platform like this flying in the UK. Currently the heli is flown by one pilot while a separate cameraman controls the moveable airborne camera. Results are quite impressive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12