Newbie My 4030 CNC dust boot

Thread: My 4030 CNC dust boot

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default My 4030 CNC dust boot

Hello everyone. I've just joined these forums and this is my first thread. To be honest I'm feeling pretty intimidated, these forums are so large and seem so technically-oriented! I'm not even sure this is the right sub-forum for this thread!

Anyway, some time back I discovered CNC machining online, and eventually decided to give it a go myself. My budget is pretty tight, so I picked up the cheapest machine I could to start with: a Chinese 4030 CNC machine off Ebay, along with a TinyG controller board so I could run it off USB.

Well, I've been working recently on adding a dust boot. After a lot of time and effort, and a number of false starts, I finally put together something that works:

There's more photos and details on my blog. Basically, I wrote my own python script to generate the gcode. If anyone is interested, I can share the gcode files or generate new ones based on your parameters (screw diameter, wood thickness, pipe diameter, etc).