My drag knife tool project

Thread: My drag knife tool project

Default My drag knife tool project

I decided to share my project of drag knife tool - everyone will be able to make his own.

It increases functionality of (almost) every CNC router. It can be use for cutting veneers, paperboards, gasket boards, magnetic and vinyl foils, etc. - materials that are thick (less, than 4-5 mm) and hard to cutting by milling.

Very important is solid fixing of material, flat table of router and good quality of blades.

Link to download files with milled parts of drag knife and parts list I put here:

https://web.facebook.com/ZbLaB/photo...type=3&theater

Have a good time,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My drag knife tool project

ZbLaB,

Nice work, thank you for posting the files.

One question: What is the purpose of the magnet?

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Magnet just pulling blade before it will be fixed by tightening M5x8 screw. It is comfortable, but not absolutely necessary.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice, I'm going to have to try this out. Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I see that you aren't using bearings or a spring. You do rely on the bolt shaft swivel. I am curious if you tried letting the router or spindle handle the swivel by itself?
    I would use one very little myself, but I have a project where I would be cutting vinyl and only cutting straight polylines. None are even connected. I could setup a jig to make these cuts by hand of course, but since we have CNC....
    Making a small compact cutter is my goal. I will use the same Irwin Blue blades as everyone should. Fairly unbreakable, rugged and sharp.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good afternoonI am new to this forum , I'm from Brazil , I'm trying to make a cnc machine for cutting paper, found interesting the cutting device and want to use the same system , but first need to know what is the software that makes the blade turn all the directions someone can tell me ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

vcarve is the program