A MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND

Thread: A MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND

Downloads
    Uploads

Default A MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND

First I would like to salute all soldiers past, present, and future!
    Well I've been known to make and fix parts for my friends. When an associate of mine decides to join the military it now becomes my responsibility
    to see to it that they get their just respect and thanks for their sacrifice. I may not be of the troops anymore, but I'm ALWAYS for the troops.
    In a round-about way I find out their MOS (Military Occupational Specialty. ie. 11B10, 95B10 ect..) without their knowledge so that I can surprise them.
    From there I will try to design something related to their MOS or their Unit they are in.
    Here are some pics of things made in their honor.

A MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-4th-infantry-div-jpgA MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-25-th-infantry1-jpgA MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-25-th-infantry2-jpgA MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-us-army-jpgA MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-us-army1-jpgA MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-us-army2-jpgA MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-us-army3-jpg

Being a machinist, random numbers cross our paths daily. They can be numbers on a print, inch to metric conversion,
    or even just a random number in the middle of a 3-d program that just might catch your eye. These random numbers might remind you of things like your birthday,
    home address, social security number, ect... Well the numbers 237 and 165 have been popping up a lot lately, reminding me of my time in the military.
    This tribute is for a soldier, friend, my partner. Now it might sound a little selfish, for this item is for me. I will see to it that this item will be on display for all to see.
    Stock is cut, ready to machine.
    So with that said, it's time to start making chips!

A MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-stock-cut-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND

Plates & fixture machined
    Plate mounted to fixture, ready to be machined.

A MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-plate-2-jpgA MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-plate-1-jpgA MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-fixture-plate-jpgA MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-platefixture-assy-jpg

With that said, I want to talk a little about my friend. My friend passed away some time ago, about 20 years or so. May he rest in peace.
    Sometime early in his youth he was given up for adoption. When I talk about him to others I've always said that his family is the Army.
    He's what some might call a loner and a lifer. He joined a few years before I did. While I was learning to follow, he was being taught how to lead.
    His leadership skills were second to none, for he learned those skills at the best school in the land, deep in the heart of Texas. He was a leader of men, before and after me.
    Anything that I told him would stay between us. A very select few show such integrity, loyalty, and pride as he did. Never missing a day, such dedication, and commitment.
    Well, everybody called him Ugly. Those that did, surely caught his attention with a rise of an upper lip and a snarl. DON'T MESS WITH THIS GUY!
    Why I told him all the time that he was getting uglier as the days are getting longer. But when I called him Ugly, he seemed to be just fine with it.
    Always happy to see me. Most definitely my best friend in the Army.

Downloads
    Uploads

Off Topic:
    It is too bad that Human Tribalism appears part of our evolution, without it there would not be the necessity for human conflict, (or the need for your dedications).
    It is sobering to know that in the short period of the 20th century an estimated 200m to 300m people died at the hands of other humans in some kind of conflict or genocide.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

A short video is made. It's been cropped, chopped, sped-up, and all that, to fit in the allotted time frame of
    3 songs plus 1 brass solo. Approx. time 14:20. Don't know why,but video seems to run better if you download then run on your computers video player

Another short about my friend.
    Small in size, very large in stature. One of the most fierce warriors I know. He could out run me ,out jump me, why he could give me a licking anytime and I would have no choice but to take it. Yet with the snap of the fingers he would jump to my defense. I know that he would give his life to protect me. On patrol at night, half way around the world, it sure was creepy in the pitch black of night. But I was never scared with him by my side. When on patrol, he would always take point position out front, placing himself in harms way, to protect me. What a great guy!

After the video you will understand the unique relationship that we share. There is a small number of "lucky others" that that share the same feelings, and why we will never forget.

I hope you enjoy the show.
    So with that said, I salute you Charlie 237

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9jw98oa1r...riend.avi?dl=0

Downloads
    Uploads

Another salute to a well deserving soldier.

Explosive Ordinance Disposal

A MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-eod1-jpgA MACHINIST TRIBUTE TO A SOLDIER,FRIEND-eod2-jpg