Hitachi Seiki Hicell CA20 parameter and error help

Thread: Hitachi Seiki Hicell CA20 parameter and error help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hitachi Seiki Hicell CA20 parameter and error help

I'll try to be brief and give as much info as possible
    I recently aquired a Hitachi Seiki Hicell CA20 CNC lathe with XYZC axis.
    I operated HT’s for 3 decades, so this should have been easy transition.
    When the machine arrived, it powered up no problem, but was in inches, I need metric.
    We did take a copy of all the parameters we had access to as soon as power was applied.
    The issue arose after we tried to change parameters to metric and altered a few to get X0.0 in correct position.
    Not so easy it seems.
    I did not know how to change it to metric so took a stab and have messed it up to the point it won't power up standby switch.
    I now get pg errors on C and Y axis.
    Errors are 3100, 3082, 3084, 2190 & 3100
    Have since learnt that it is done through the initial machine parameters accessed via reset and cancel keys to multi boy menu.
    There you can create a new initial file and edit the initial machine parameters, ie. 20 is 0 for metric and 1 for inches.
    After changing to metric, I did get the machine to turn on and function fine for an hour, but the turret X0.0 centre was 154.000mm plus from the chuck X0.0, So, we went looking for a parameter that resembled this size, 4830, was set to 154000, changed it to 390000 and 0, 154000 is 15.4" = roughly 390000mm so I tried it but not luck and no effect.
    Machine then dropped out and has been this way all week.
    I tried to re initialize all files and machine parameters via access multi boy screen using reset and cancel keys upon power up.
    I have sent parameters back into machine via pc.
    All but about 20 are good.
    The ones I can't set values for are all 7xxx in the seq. & keep mem parameters section.
    Not sure if I caused this or mechanical or electrical failure.
    I have taken plenty pics of screen but not sure how to upload here.
    At this point in time, the machine powers up to screen only, no standby.
    Don’t know if all this playing around has upset it?
    We have resent them back into the machine but not all are back to original. Almost all parameters are back to when machine arrived.
    However, there are a few that we can not change the values of at all and they are not correct.
    From 7102 to 7929 as per pic. These are seq. & keep mem parameters.
    There must be some way to access them. ie. The rotary switch on circuit board in rear cabinet when set to position 2 gives access to option parameters. Unless there actually IS a parameter problem, next suspect would be electrical or mechanical failure.
    At this point even the only local technician has no clue and I've run outa ideas
    If you hold the standby button down, you can rotate the chuck, move tailstock, index turret, but no movement of axis.
    The pg errors are stopping other functions.
    Hope these pics help.
    Can email if needed.
    Hope someone can help please.
    Getting desperate.....