Need Help! Hitachi Seiki 20j conveyor problems

Thread: Hitachi Seiki 20j conveyor problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hitachi Seiki 20j conveyor problems

I have a Hitachi Seiki 20j cnc lathe with a Mayfran conveyor but the conveyor is not responding. The "ON" light on the conveyer is not lite and the green conveyer light on the CNC is not lit as well. The conveyor is connected to the CNC by 2 wires, one supplies power to the conveyer and the other the controls. I'm getting power to the conveyer and can move it in both the forward and reverse direction by pressing the reset buttons on the relays inside the conveyors control cabinet. My manuals say that the M75 command turns the conveyer on and the M76 turns it off. I programed an M75 command at the beginning of a program with no results. The CNC came to a stop when it reached the M75 command. I tried entering a M75 command using MDI but nothing happened. It thought I might have a bad connection between the CNC and the conveyer or a loose wire. I reconnected the CNC and the conveyor several times and traced all the wires back to there connections but all was solid. I wonder now if there is not some combination of buttons I can press on the CNC that might turn on the Green light? I've run out of options, can anyone help?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hitachi Seiki 20j conveyor problems

Does this conveyor have an auto/manual switch on the front (usually they do when controlled by the CNC)?
    John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it does. Over the weekend we moved the coolant tank and were able to get the conveyer working properly. That was the only thing we did differently. At first we thought we must have activated a proximity or float switch but we couldn't find either. We have no idea why it started to work. Today however we have another issues. Now if we press the forward or return buttons nothing happens. If we press the reset button on the forward relays the conveyer stays on until we press the forward button on the front of the cabinet which turns the conveyer off. Same thing applies for reverse. Seems backward, almost like changing the polarity on a motor. Still working on it, any suggestions.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds to me like there is a break in the wire. They don't have floats or proxs (might be equipped with a clutch for over-torque). Thats my best guess,

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It does have a collet chuck.