Hitachi TS15 canned cycle alarm

Thread: Hitachi TS15 canned cycle alarm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hitachi TS15 canned cycle alarm

Hi,
    The lathe in question is a 1998 Hitachi Seiki TS15 with seicos 21 control. I am having issues with canned cycles. This is a new machine to me. The programs left in the controller do not use any canned cycles and are written long hand. Is it possible this lathe doesn't have canned cycle options?

Please see the attached screenshots of the G code and the alarm I am getting.

I can replace the G831 with G83, G81 or whatever and get the same result. Also I can move the G80 or take it out completely with the same result. This is also interfering with me trying to do the direct tapping.

Of note is I can use G32 to do external threading without issue.

I have figured out a work around to get my post processor to not use canned cycles and use the full length g code in the mean time however doesn't help the direct tapping(G842/G843) I would like to use if possible.

Thanks for any insight,
    Clinton

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hitachi TS15 canned cycle alarm-20170312_201814-jpg   Hitachi TS15 canned cycle alarm-20170312_201845-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hitachi TS15 canned cycle alarm

Clinton

your format is right - It might be an option - Ill check my list for the number and see. Ill get back to you shortly

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hitachi TS15 canned cycle alarm

Quote Originally Posted by shas595 View Post
    Clinton

your format is right - It might be an option - Ill check my list for the number and see. Ill get back to you shortly

John

Thanks John,

I do have the manual with parameters in it. I just don't know where to look to turn the option on if that is even possible.

Clinton