Educate me please on seicos lathe control

Thread: Educate me please on seicos lathe control

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Educate me please on seicos lathe control

Guys.
    I currently have a ht20 with 10t lathe. Great little machine. Looking now to upgrade
    The lather model hitachi seem quite reasonably priced now days. Assuming because they are no longer in business.

So the question is. The later machines seems to have a seicos control. I believe this to be hitachis own, what are parts like? Are they fanuc or yaskawa parts that are easily replaced? Are the machines easy enough to keep running or do I completely wipe them off my shopping list.

Would be looking at a mid to late 90's ht20r or 25r

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Educate me please on seicos lathe control

Depends on the machine model. The Seicos part is just the font end. In terms of programming they are pretty straight forward standard G code. Some have Fanuc. some have Yaskawa. For the 20R it will be either Yasnac i80 (likely with Seiki Multi) or Seicos III. They are good machines and parts for those series are still readily available. If the price is right and its in good condition it could be a good addition to your shop. PM me if you have any specific questions or service related questions

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shas595 View Post
    Depends on the machine model. The Seicos part is just the font end. In terms of programming they are pretty straight forward standard G code. Some have Fanuc. some have Yaskawa. For the 20R it will be either Yasnac i80 (likely with Seiki Multi) or Seicos III. They are good machines and parts for those series are still readily available. If the price is right and its in good condition it could be a good addition to your shop. PM me if you have any specific questions or service related questions

John
    Thanks John
    Pm sent