VS50 mirror image option

Thread: VS50 mirror image option

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VS50 mirror image option

Hi, I have a 1999 VS50 machining centre & would sometimes like to use mirror image. It s fitted with the Seicos 18M control but mirror image must be an option that was never activated on my machne. Is there a way of activating it through parameters or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VS50 mirror image option

How you you trying to do it now? I don't think its an option parameter - just an standard one. Mirror image is enabled/disabled via the SET screen, a couple pages down.
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi John, thanks for your response. I went to the set screen & enabled mirror image for X & Y. When my program gets to G511 X0 an alarm activates saying '191 G511 Optional Command'

I have seen some settings in the 'F Menu' - 'F Setting' for mirror image that are currently set to Off. Is this the cause of mirror image not working?

Regards WC56

Downloads
    Uploads

Should be only the ones on the SET page - has to be commanded on its own line in G50 or G69 modes, Do you have the programming manual for this control? You could try changing the ones under the F_MENU - see if that does it. I am not in front of my machine so I am going off memory here.

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I have the programming manual & will try a couple of different programs again tomorrow. If I do want to change the settings in the F_MENU, do I need to cycle the power off /on again after changing? Also, can they only be changed while control is set to M998 maintenance mode?

I don't suppose you ever came across the diagrams for the Sankyo ATC?

Thanks again Bruce

Downloads
    Uploads

Bruce

no - no need to power cycle. And no - don't need to go into Maint mode. Might have to change PWE to 1 under the F_SETTING

As for the ATC - I have taken them apart and refurbished mine - but I do not have diagrams. Are you having issues with it?

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi John, I played around with it a bit this morning & by changing the settings on the SET page, mirror image does actually work. However it is on all the time & I can not call it up in a program as it alarms out with the option message each time it reads the G511. I changed the F_MENU settings but it didn't make any difference. I am thinking there must be another parameter somewhere that needs changing.

In my maintenance manual it states that the alarm 191 indicates that 'no option has been added for a specific command' and goes on to say 'Correct the program or add an option".

This is the program that I ran...just a basic "L" shape to see how it would go:

T2M6
    G0G90G94G54X50.Y0
    G50
    G69
    G501X0Y0
    G43H2Z10.
    S1500M3
    G1Z-3.F500
    X100.
    Y50.
    G0Z10.
    G511X0
    G0X50.
    G1Z-10.
    X100.
    Y50.
    G0Z10.
    G91G28Z0
    G28Y0
    G90
    M30

With mirror image turned off (invalid) in the SET page it runs through as per normal until it reaches the G511 then alarms out..

With mirror image turned to valid (X & Y only) in the SET screen it runs in mirror image right from the start of the program then alarms out when it gets to G511. By this I mean it rapids to X-50.Y0 as soon as cycle start is pressed.

I guess it is still a usable feature, but would be nice if I could turn it on/off in the program (G511 / G501)

Got any ideas?

P.s My tool changer is going well, still has a slight oil leak but I slowed it down a lot by tightening a couple of cap screws that had came loose. I was asking about diagrams just in case they were needed in the future.

Thanks

Last edited by WC56; 01-30-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi again John, any chance of posting a short program that works ok on your machine?

Also, how long have you had your machine & are you happy with it. I have only had mine a couple of years but I am very happy with it. The only draw back is that there doesn't seem to many of them around?

Thanks