Problem Hitachi seiki hitec-turn 25s alarm light on

Thread: Hitachi seiki hitec-turn 25s alarm light on

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Hitachi seiki hitec-turn 25s alarm light on

Gentlemen,

im in need of some help, the company I work for has just purchased a second hand Hitachi seiki hitec-turn 25s, when it was installed a week ago I had it running in mdi mode, I had been working on other things and went to fire it up two days ago and now I cant get it to do a damn thing..

its got a FANUC 10TE-F controller, which powers up it self now? straight after turning the main isolator on the back of the machine, with out me pressing the on button on the controller. it also does not respond to the off button when pressed, but it did the first time I powered it up.

book says turn on machine press standby button ( which switches on the hydraulics) then home the machine, this is no possible now as I have a LED on the machine with the working ALARM? written on, no alarm codes are displayed on the controller but its locking all of he controls I cant start the hydraulics or move either axis. this happed when I first powered up the machine as the auto tool setter was not in its holder correctly, it is now, but as im typing this it may be a bung proximity switch behind it. although this doesn't explain issue 1 above.

please help im stuck properly, im new to cnc in general but taught my self cnc mill on a fanuc o-m emach which I had to manually reenter parameters, as the previous company did me the favour of wiping the memory before shipping .

Cheers Nigel R Fish

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hitachi seiki hitec-turn 25s alarm light on

Nigel,

sounds silly - but if you can check the power on button for constant contact. I have seen this many times in the past. Lets get past the power on issue and we will go from there

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

John,

I got the cover off the controller off this arvo and put a multi meter across the wired terminals of the on button, and the contacts are not constant, they are on when the button is held down.
    thanks for the help any other suggestions?

Nigel

Downloads
    Uploads

Nigel,
    OK - always a good place to start - you never know.

The next item would be the power supply. When you hit the main breaker in the back - do any lights come on anywhere aside from the Power Supply for the control? The control should not start until you hit the button. Let me know

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

John,

the entire machine starts up and is usable, I sorted the alarm light a jumped clutch on the z axis, once the main breaker is on, the fanuc controller starts its self, but the off button dosnt work either, if you have to turn off with the main breaker, the controller will start up on turning on the main breaker but the screen dosnt light up but I have use of the controls?

Nigel

Downloads
    Uploads

Nigel,

OK so I am confused. Right now - the only issue you have is that the screen is not working? You can move and jog and everything?