Need Help! drip feed on hitachi vk45

Thread: drip feed on hitachi vk45

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default drip feed on hitachi vk45

im trying to get drip feed running on a hitachi vk45. its an older one from 1986 with a fanauc om contoller. there is no dnc button on the control board. the previous owner thought it could drip feed but other people have said vk45s wont do it. im using onecnc with nclink and it sends and receives fine. currently the computer is connected to the tape reader port and it treats the computer as a tape input.does anyone know if drip feed is possible there just isn't enough memory in the machine.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: drip feed on hitachi vk45

I have a '93 VK55 with Seicos III control. There's a menu option to turn on DNC but when I try to do it, I get an "option not available." There's a place called Cyber CNC that will sell you the instruction sheet with the parameters that need to be changed to enable it. They may be able to tell you if your machine is capable of it.

So with the computer connected to the tape reader port, are you just using that to store programs in the CNC memory? Or is it set up something like a drip feed?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have the computer set up to transfer programs across to the machines memory, but the memory is limited. i had a technician look at it for another problem. he used to build them and he said dnc was an option that was installed at the customers request and was worth maybe $10000 at the time. he said there was a company producing aftermarket boards for a while but he thought they had stopped as the machines are now too old. he said turning on the parameter only works if the correct board is available. might be the same for your machine if option is not available.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you still trying to get the DNC on your mahchine setup? It is possible to expand the memory as well in certain cases. What is the control on the VK?
    John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

managed to get the drip feed working eventually. it turned out to be rather simple. lots of forums mentioned the g127.5 parameter but i didnt know how to access it. i had a hitachi repair guy helping me with the ATC and i asked him about drip feed. he said it was an option that not all machines had. i asked about G127.5 and he said it would be a fanuc thing and should be found on the operators panel. we looked up parameter 0127 and i pressed the tape button in the tape reader cabinet. nothing happened, then he put it in auto mode and i tried it again and bit 5 changed to 1. from the on dnc worked.