Need Help! com port settings for vk45

Thread: com port settings for vk45

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default com port settings for vk45

hi all, my last computer with my cam software had a meltdown and im trying to set up dolphin cam. but i cannot find the com settings anywhere in the manual. i have the original data sheet and its not there either. the controller is a faunc. if anybody has any experience with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: com port settings for vk45

Pretty much all the Fanuc Controllers I have run across require the following PC Com Port settings, unless they have been tinkered with at the controller:

4800 Baudrate
    2 stop bits
    ISO Code (ASCII)
    Even parity
    Data length = 7 bits
    Flow Control = Xon/ Xoff
    LF for End Of Block

When it all goes wrong, own up and tell the boss it was someone else!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

no joy there. seems to be an issue with the dolphin cam . it wont activate the send program option. is seems to have a whole lot of other settings with no indication of what they should be.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I assume that you have checked the obvious, com port is available, serial cable is good etc.

I'm not familiar with Dolphin, but the cfg file as fr as I know is selected within the dcomms module and should be located in the ApplicationData folder. Make sure in your fanuc.cfg file, or whatever you have called it, you have the correct com port settings for your controller and confirm that the com port is actually available and not disabled in your bios or anything silly like that. This is especially true if you are using a USB to RS232 type adapter cable as windows often selects a different port than the one your expecting when the driver enumerates/ loads. This can obviously be changed back using windows device manager etc, but it's something to be aware of. If a bogus com port is targeted, the send nc program may not give you any indication that it was not received by the controller.

Apart from that, I'm out of ideas I'm afraid

When it all goes wrong, own up and tell the boss it was someone else!