Hitachi Seiki HT 40G SEICOS L10 DNC frame error

Thread: Hitachi Seiki HT 40G SEICOS L10 DNC frame error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hitachi Seiki HT 40G SEICOS L10 DNC frame error

Hello all,
    We have a HT 40G seicos lamda 10L controller and it recently had to be repaired - the computer and parameters have been restored from a saved backup. Prior to this, it was able to send & receive programs without issue. Since this, we can send files (from a PC to the CNC via RS232) but when trying to receive files from the machine, we receive Frame Error and Break Detected messages.

I've verified the baud rate, stop bits, etc are correct both on the 40G and the computer. The receiving/sending software (Predator) hasn't changed so it must be something different on the 40G but I'm not sure where to look as communication settings are right.

Somehow the 40G communication settings were changed because I was getting parity errors but I changed the software to None for parity and now it's giving the Frame Error and Break Detected errors. However, prior to the 40G restore issues, it must have had a Parity setting because the software setting had it and it always worked fine sending & receiving.
    I hope this makes sense and I appreciate any suggestions or advice on correcting this.

Thank you.