Hitachi ht20sii opinions please

Thread: Hitachi ht20sii opinions please

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hitachi ht20sii opinions please

A guy is trying to offload this machine about a 92 mod from memory. He knows nothing about the machine other than it works. It is pretty cheap, from what I have read they seem quite solid but what should I be looking for if I go look at this thing?
    It has the seicos ly (?) control. What is this control like? I know fanuc controls, does this control run on fanuc style g code?

Since they are out of business what are parts like to get?
    Are they a reliable machine that hold good tolerance and repeatibility? If it can hold .01mm for what I do that's plenty good enough

Looking at the specs they seem very fast in tool change and rapids (20 & 24m/min) given there age. Must have been mind blowing when they were first released

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hitachi ht20sii opinions please

Hello,

If you are used to fanuc coding it should not be a problem. You might have issues finding parts, but from my experience its not too bad as long as you know who to contact. There are a lot of parts on eBay and through distributors. That control you might not have to worry about, its stable and really doesnt have too many issues as long as you take care of the machine. It will definitely hold a .01mm tolerance (at least they should, don't know about the condition of the one you are looking at) If you ever have issues if you decide to buy it contact me, I have a lot of experience in working with Hitachi Seikis.

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hitachi ht20sii opinions please

thanks. from what i have read they seem like a good machine. will investigate further.