Is this what you tried?
1. Pull out on E-Stop pushbutton (74) and simultaneously press E-Stop Reset pushbutton
2. Select the X axis Handle MPG mode.
3. Make certain that the Handle mode is in .0001 increments (previous page, step #4).
4. Monitor Diagnostic X10 bit 3 (XTQLM) and very slowly rotate the handle in the X axis
plus direction until X10 bit 3 changes from 0 to 1. A distinct popping sound will be heard
when the torque limiter resets.
When X10 bit 3 changes from 0 to a 1, the torque limiter will be reset.
5. Set the control as follows:
A. Turn the Control OFF.
B. Turn the main disconnect switch OFF and wait 1 minute.
C. Turn main disconnect switch ON.
D. Turn Control ON.
E. Reset E-Stop by pulling out on E-Stop pushbutton (74) and simultaneously pressing
E-Stop Reset pushbutton (73).
6. Test jog the axis. Complete the torque limiter reset procedure by continuing with the
X-Axis Zero Return Setup
If that doesn't work on a T42 something is likely wrong or out adjustment with the torque limiter or prox switch. Sometimes the old torque limiters get a little "sticky" try hand wheeling the axis down to a save location and jiggle the mpg hand back and forth a bit to shake the limiter a bit then try reseting it again.