Any Ideas on Manual Indexing a Hardinge CHNC Turret?

Thread: Any Ideas on Manual Indexing a Hardinge CHNC Turret?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Any Ideas on Manual Indexing a Hardinge CHNC Turret?

I have an early Hardinge CHNC that's been coverted to a Fagor 8025 TG control with new servo motors on the X&Z. I've been able to modify the 3 phase 230v input current and run the machine on my 120v single phase off grid system.

I'm planning to use 8 position Omni-turn gang tool blocks with it.

The Turret has been gutted pretty good as who ever did the Fagor, made it to work in a fixed position with no turret indexing.

Does anyone know how to make this turret manually indexable? I pulled one of the covers and found one of the clippard valves gone, and the airline cut.

I think I may just unbolt the turret and swap it around 180 drgs when needed. If I drilled and tapped 2 more mounting holes I could get the other 2 positions. A pain I know, but at least I could get more mounting options.

It would be nice to be able to wire up a switch box and get to lift to where I could turn it, then have it drop back in place.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Ideas on Manual Indexing a Hardinge CHNC Turret?-mycnc-jpg   Any Ideas on Manual Indexing a Hardinge CHNC Turret?-im000914-jpg   Any Ideas on Manual Indexing a Hardinge CHNC Turret?-im000918-jpg   Any Ideas on Manual Indexing a Hardinge CHNC Turret?-im000917-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Turret

Ok look the sticker in the cnc back and tell me the model or when the cnc poweron, it´s an 8025TG or TG-I?.
    If you want to uses it automatically you have to program a PLC and you can change the stations using the T command for tool change.
    Let me now and I can help you.

Carlos Cabrera

Quote Originally Posted by JP Hardinge View Post
    I have an early Hardinge CHNC that's been coverted to a Fagor 8025 TG control with new servo motors on the X&Z. I've been able to modify the 3 phase 230v input current and run the machine on my 120v single phase off grid system.

I'm planning to use 8 position Omni-turn gang tool blocks with it.

The Turret has been gutted pretty good as who ever did the Fagor, made it to work in a fixed position with no turret indexing.

Does anyone know how to make this turret manually indexable? I pulled one of the covers and found one of the clippard valves gone, and the airline cut.

I think I may just unbolt the turret and swap it around 180 drgs when needed. If I drilled and tapped 2 more mounting holes I could get the other 2 positions. A pain I know, but at least I could get more mounting options.

It would be nice to be able to wire up a switch box and get to lift to where I could turn it, then have it drop back in place.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Carlos,

My Fagor is a TG.

Problem is my turret is disabled. I found I have to locate some missing parts to get it to index even manually.

Do you know how I could use my Fagor to turn the collet closer on and off to adjust it?

I need to be able to toggle between M codes so I can see it close and open, and be able to set the closing pressure.

Probably simple, but I'm just starting to learn this Fagor. I've got it peck drilling really well.

Thanks-