Need Help! HARDINGE CHNCI ORD1 BATTERY POWER SUPPLY

Thread: HARDINGE CHNCI ORD1 BATTERY POWER SUPPLY

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HARDINGE CHNCI ORD1 BATTERY POWER SUPPLY

Hi all again!

So do I have a problem? I have a hardinge CHNC I with a Seimens 810T control, as mentioned in one of my last posts the control back up battery failed and I got a
    "ORD 1 Battery alarm power supply" and with this a loss of all the machines parameters and data settings,

So I have soldered in a new battery I have the parameters (from some very kind people on this website cnczone) but when I turned the control on I still have the same alarm?

Is this correct? should the alarm cleared with a new battery? Or will it clear when parameters are loaded (cannot seem to get any response with alarm there)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Allen

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HARDINGE CHNCI ORD1 BATTERY POWER SUPPLY

If you soldered in a battery, you changed the wrong battery. The regular battery is in a little pull-out plastic holder on the top center area back of the control. You just pull it out and clip the new battery in. Did you take some of the cards out and find the battery in there?

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

This is what it should look like. Side view and end view (what you see when looking for it).

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HARDINGE CHNCI ORD1 BATTERY POWER SUPPLY-end-jpg   HARDINGE CHNCI ORD1 BATTERY POWER SUPPLY-side-jpg  
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

HARDINGE CHNCI ORD1 BATTERY POWER SUPPLY-back-battery-jpgHARDINGE CHNCI ORD1 BATTERY POWER SUPPLY-board-battery-goes-jpgHi Mike,

Once again you are one helpful guy, I need to buy you a drink!

Anyway I cannot find the battery holder you have shown? I can only a soldered in battery on the interface board? (see pictures)

I will have another good look again today, is it possible for you to picture the battery holder you have shown on the actual control so I can see where it is exactly located?

and yes I did pull some boards out (the interface board shown)

Again thank you for your help,

Allen.HARDINGE CHNCI ORD1 BATTERY POWER SUPPLY-back-battery-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike,

I have found it! well I have found the slot the battery holder goes in to but there is no battery holder in it? what is going on? Got to find a battery holder now,

I could make a temporary holder until I get hold of one, what do you think? Also what voltage is the battery?

Allen

Downloads
    Uploads

I have an extra control that I bought,minus one board, so I have another holder. Might take a couple of weeks to get it to you by mail though. Do you want it?

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads