HARDINGE CHNC LATHE GENRAL NUMERIC CONTROL

Thread: HARDINGE CHNC LATHE GENRAL NUMERIC CONTROL

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HARDINGE CHNC LATHE GENRAL NUMERIC CONTROL

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the weight of a Hardinge CHNC 1 with built in general numeric control, I need this to be quite accurate so I am not overloading my 3 axle flatbed trailer?

Thanks for any help,

Allen,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HARDINGE CHNC LATHE GENRAL NUMERIC CONTROL

Have one, not sure what it weighs but would guess at about 4,500. We moved my on a two axle trailer. If I remember tomorrow, I'll check to see if it is in the manual.

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your speedy reply, greatly appreciated, I've had estimates up to 4.5 metric ton? seems a bit much, I guessed between 4000 to 5000 lbs,
    If you could check in your manuals tomorrow I would be very grateful! We are using a three axle trailer to collect.

Thanks again,

Allen.

Downloads
    Uploads

Checked my manuals and found no information on weight. I have a couple of Haas VF-2's and they weigh 7,500 lbs and the Hardinge is much lighter. Most of the outer upper castings are Aluminum not iron.

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for your quick reply, Picking machine up tomorrow so fingers crossed, I think we will be ok, I have seen other posts where people have collected them on twin axle trailers
    so three axles should be even better!

Thanks again for your help,

Allen,

Ps, have you got any wiring diagrams for the CHNC 1? hard to find, willing to pay!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by moonman5 View Post
    Hi Mike,

Thanks again for your quick reply, Picking machine up tomorrow so fingers crossed, I think we will be ok, I have seen other posts where people have collected them on twin axle trailers
    so three axles should be even better!

Thanks again for your help,

Allen,

Ps, have you got any wiring diagrams for the CHNC 1? hard to find, willing to pay!
    Believe it or not, have just about everything. I inherited a big bunch of stuff from a retiring Hardinge tech who had worked on these for over 28 years (even helped with the design). The issue is the wiring diagrams and some of the other stuff is original Hardinge prints and are large, medium and small in size. Would all have to be professionally scanned and reproduced.

Let me know what you have already.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for your help, Well I got the machine home, much lighter than I thought, we towed it with ease, trailer never struggled a bit!

As for the drawings, the guy I bought the machine from gave me quite a bit of paperwork with it (drawings and tech data) and you are right they are big! and lots of it so doing
    copies would be quite a task!

The one drawing that I really needed was the power supply side (I believe this to be just one drawing) but that was not in all the drawings I have,

I have found one that gets me by but it's from an older machine, but very close to what I have, so hopefully I can use that if I decide to retrofit,

Allen.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll check mine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Machineit,

Do you have any information on a Hardinge T42 in that big bunch of stuff? I'm about to buy a T42 (1997) and am looking for the documentation. The seller says he doesn't have any of the manuals. I find it incredible that for such a popular machine, there is nothing at all out on the Internet. Not a sales brochure, manuals, drawings... nothing. Zilch.

Torin...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by torinwalker View Post
    Machineit,

Do you have any information on a Hardinge T42 in that big bunch of stuff? I'm about to buy a T42 (1997) and am looking for the documentation. The seller says he doesn't have any of the manuals. I find it incredible that for such a popular machine, there is nothing at all out on the Internet. Not a sales brochure, manuals, drawings... nothing. Zilch.

Torin...
    Sorry, just for the CHNC-1.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

I have two CHNC2's and they weigh 5000 with out any accessories.

Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys,

I'd be happy to help you if needed. I worked for Hardinge for 31years before my wife and I relocated to South Carolina. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I will be glad to help!!

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker604 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'd be happy to help you if needed. I worked for Hardinge for 31years before my wife and I relocated to South Carolina. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I will be glad to help!!

Mike
    Mike, thank you - that's very gracious. I bought a 1997 T42 in January, had some issues, but have mostly overcome them since then.

There is this one minor issue that is easy enough to fix: Most of the time from a cold star when I turn on the T42, the servos show undervoltage errors. Sometimes it's just two of them, and sometimes all of them. It's easy to fix though - just power it off, wait ten seconds, turn it back on, and the error goes away. Sometimes I must do this more than once, but it works consistently and always goes to a good state after that. I have yet to discover the precise start-up routine that overcomes this from the start - do I power on the main breaker, then wait 30 seconds before powering on the control? Nope. Tried that. Do I cycle the mains breaker once or twice before turning on the control? Possibly have seen reduced numbers of undervoltage, but not enough samples to be certain. What would cause this? Slow capacitor charge? Peculiarity in software?

I haven't powered on my T42 in over a month - I took off the enclosure and covers to sand/prime/paint and now I'm taking a long break - but if this sounds familiar to you, I can power on the machine and get you the exact errors, screen shot, blood sample... whatever it will take.

Torin...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker604 View Post
    Hi guys,

Mike
    Hi Mike,

Great to have you here to help us! Did you happen to know David Graham? He is retired now and living in Florida. He helped me when I got my CHNC1 and it had some issues.

Again, thanks for the offer of help.

Mike