Hardinge Conquest 42 CNC Turning Center, Fanuc Control, Live Tooling

Thread: Hardinge Conquest 42 CNC Turning Center, Fanuc Control, Live Tooling

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hardinge Conquest 42 CNC Turning Center, Fanuc Control, Live Tooling

Depends. What kind of condition is the machine?
    Out of a 24/7/365 Production Shop?
    Or Small one owner Job Shop?
    Somewhere in between?

Were they turning abrasive G20 plastic?
    Or regular materials such as brass, aluminum and stainless?

The 42/T42 design is solid. Thousands of machines still running today. I love ourT42's!
    If the price is right, go ahead and get the machine. Be sure to tell the rigger about the Harcrete base!
    The machine weighs in at close to 10K Lbs. And there are not many jacking points. If the move can be done with the fork-slots in the machine, it's easy. But if they need to lift from the side, the machine is tough to get balanced. And tough to jack. Warn them over and over about the Harcrete Base. It is not Cast Iron! Make sure your riggers have had experience with Conquests. It makes a difference, trust me!

As long as the spindle(s) are good. and the turret works as it should. The machine will most likely hold within a few tenths. You will have to compensate with wear offsets for thermal change and tool wear. But over a 10Hr. day, it's very minimal. Around .001 or so total growth. I have seen crashed, beaten and abused T42's that still made good parts, over and over. I have always felt that the T42 series of Hardinge lathes was their best. I know many that would agree.

But as with any machine, you can get a lemon or a beauty.

Good Luck!

Last edited by JohnnyTurn; 11-03-2016 at 06:32 PM.