Another Conquest 42 Request for Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Conquest 42 Request for Help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another Conquest 42 Request for Help

We have a Conquest 42 Lathe at our shop that lost the main board. After replacing it we found that the parameters were never backed up so the machine is still inoperable. This is a 1989 model with the Fanuc OT-B control. As I have seen mentioned many times,I cannot find a copy all the parameters for the OT-B control. Also have I have seen mentioned multiple times,we have contacted Hardinge and the ones provided from them do not work. We even had a tech guy come look at it but he knew less about the machine than we did.

Bottom line,we a need a copy of all the parameters and whatever else is needed for this machine to be operable. I have found OT-A and OT-C parameter sets but can't find anything for a OT-B. I've seen many ask but no real answer to where I can acquire these. If we can get this machine running I'm sure the company would be glad to compensate you for the help if needed.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Another Conquest 42 Request for Help

I think I have ot-b basic parameters. I will look today.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The tech guys that Hardinge use are not Hardinge people.They are general repair people and not really Hardinge employees. They are sub contracting their service people from general machine tool companies. I have found a copy of parameters for OT-B but they are downloaded to one of my older desktop computers and are in wordpad format. Get me an e-mail and I will copy and paste in the body of the response. We can see if that works better for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My e-mail is: randy.caran@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot for the help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sent from: mrjobshop@gmail.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the serial # of your machine ? I used to work at Hardinge for 31 years, and many years on that line, we have backups of all of our machines, I will contact someone tomorrow there and get them for you.

Mike

Last edited by Spiker604; 09-08-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker604 View Post
    What is the serial # of your machine ? I used to work at Hardinge for 31 years, and many years on that line, we have backups of all of our machines, I will contact someone tomorrow there and get them for you.

Mike
    I can get you the number on Monday but from what I was told our shop already contacted Hardinge and they didn't have anything on this machine. From the time line,I not sure that one of the requests for parameters on here isn't from one their guys and they sent them to us. They did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by edthecncman View Post
    The tech guys that Hardinge use are not Hardinge people.They are general repair people and not really Hardinge employees. They are sub contracting their service people from general machine tool companies. I have found a copy of parameters for OT-B but they are downloaded to one of my older desktop computers and are in wordpad format. Get me an e-mail and I will copy and paste in the body of the response. We can see if that works better for you.
    I received them and we put them in on Wednesday. We have no errors showing up but we still can't do anything with the machine. The display says "Not Ready" and none of the control buttons function. Where do we go from here?

Here's the back story I was told about the machine. For long time it was giving a RAM PARITY error,it could be cleared then the machine functioned normally. Then one day it would not clear. After calling tech,checking with FANUC,it was determined the main board was bad. It was replaced but I was told the RAM chips were not available and we had to reuse the originals. After the board replacement is when we found we did not have the parameters backed up. We have been given 3 sets of parameters from Hardinge,but all produce alarms after inputting them and no machine functions from any of them. FANUC gave us instructions on how to remove a board and wire around the Hardinge software and everything worked as it should. Putting the Hardinge board back in and the problem remains. The set of parameters ED sent do not produce any alarms but still the machine has no functions. One other question that has now come up,during the board installation ALL power to everything had to be unplugged including the battery back-up. Is it possible the actual Hardinge software is gone? It's like the parameters are there but there is nothing telling it what to do with them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will get whatever info for you that I can, we have been able to resurrect just about anything, I would be the guy that came in to fix some peculiar messes before, willing to help you out, let's start with the serial number and go from there. BTW, where are you located ?

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mike,I am located in Joplin Missouri,hence the Jo Mo in my user name. The machine is located in Carthage Missouri at L&P Machine Products.

I'll get the serial number for you Monday when I go back to work and post it here that evening. I appreciate your willingness to help!

Randy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok the serial number I found is CS-162. I hope that helps you find something,thanks again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JoMoMachinist View Post
    Ok the serial number I found is CS-162. I hope that helps you find something,thanks again.
    I will make some calls tomorrow and get all the info I can. Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not to hijack the OP's post but I'm in kind of the same boat. Parity error, missing most of the parameters, etc. Will be following along and also my serial is cs-262 so not far off.

I've talked with a guy at Hardinge already that said mine weren't backed up. I was able to get some documentation can share. I also have 3 or 4 other sets of parameters I can share I got from others in an excel file plus the ot-b parameter manual. If you don't see an email in the next day or two please message me to remind me.

Jeremy

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let me see what I can come up with tomorrow,

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jonesturf View Post
    . I also have 3 or 4 other sets of parameters I can share I got from others in an excel file plus the ot-b parameter manual.
    What kind of info is in the parameter manual?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JoMoMachinist View Post
    What kind of info is in the parameter manual?
    If you guys send me your email address I will send you a set of stock parameters, dwords, macros to load to try to help you with your machines. The particular backup for your individual machines is NOT available, they have been taken off the system, but I will try to help you through your problems as much as I can.

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sent you a PM with my email.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spiker-Sent you a PM as well.

Jomo-sending you over some things. The parameter manual breaks down what each parameter does. That combined with the excel file which as you will see should narrow it down to maybe 40 over 50 params we need to figure out depending on our individuals machines makes it a little easier. You will see I did a true/false thing which compares 3 sets of paramaeters I acquired. The first set was the stock one from Hardinge.

What config is your machine? Mine is just a tailstock, coolant, toolsetter, parts catcher. No sub spindle of live tooling.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jonesturf View Post
    What config is your machine? Mine is just a tailstock, coolant, toolsetter, parts catcher. No sub spindle of live tooling.
    No parts catcher here - Spindle/Turret/Tailstock/Toolsetter and Coolant.

@Spiker604 - we installed the data you supplied following your instructions with the exception of we have to manually put in everything,can't get a computer to communicate with the machine. Came up with the same results as previous attempt = Turn on machine and the Display Reads "0615 -07" and "Not Ready". You can switch through all display screens,no alarms shown on alarm page but none of the control buttons work and no button lights. Your instruction said to use a computer to install the Cspar file,does it matter that we had to manually install it? It seems like there has to be something we're missing(probably simple LOL) but just can't figure out what.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the communications protocols I can send over. Basically baud rates, etc have to match computer and machine and some parameters have to be changed. You need a special cable too. I'm gonna make one because they're expensive but I'm not that far yet.

You got my emails, right? Another one incoming.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I know about the protocols having to match up to communicate but forgot the cable possibly being an issue. I have dealt with that before at another company while trying DNC files to an old machine there.

Jeremy I have not seen any e-mails from you,where are you sending them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast