Conquest 42 SP turret help

Thread: Conquest 42 SP turret help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Conquest 42 SP turret help

We just purchased another 42 machine, this one is an SP with 18t control, all our others are OT's, had some issues with installation, proxy switches etc, current problem is when we power machine up it needs the turret homing, the turret is just spinning and not finding it position, the proxy switch is illuminating every revolution as it passes the home ring but not stopping, any suggestions? all i can do is hit the reset, lift and rotate manually to get it to lock down on nearest possition.

I have no parameter list for this machine also.

Martin

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Conquest 42 SP turret help

Martin,

Make sure the correct bit is coming on as the ring activates the prox switch. Also, the home for your turret will be the highest station. Also try seating the turret on the highest station and then setting parameter 1815.1 to a "1". Depending how old the machine is, they had different homing procedures. I worked at Hardinge for 31 years and knew all the fixes to just about everything. Let me know how you make out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Conquest 42 SP turret help

Thank you for the response, problem has been fixed, the proxy switch for the home had been replaced before we got the machine and they had wired it incorrect, it showed as always on rather than switching.

Martin