Need Help.Spindle will not turn on Hardinge T42SP 18T

Thread: Need Help.Spindle will not turn on Hardinge T42SP 18T

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help.Spindle will not turn on Hardinge T42SP 18T

Hey folks,
    New to this forum and new to CNC turning. I just got a a T42SP and after a couple days I finally got the thing to go home. I plan on writing a procedure and posting it here in hopes it will help some other poor soul. During the homing attempts I hit a decel switch in both the +x and -x axis other than that I just jogged the axis all over the place. I state that because I think it might be part of my problem. After I got the machine homed I wrote a small program and everything was going fine until I tried to start the main spindle. S1000 M03. Nothing. Went to MDI and tried M04 and the other commands for starting the spindle with coolant. Nothing. Went into Jog mode and and tried to jog the spindle. Nothing. Restarted the machine with P/CAN still the same results. So I moved to the Sub spindle. Everything works on the sub, all M commands and jog mode. The parts catcher is also having a problem. When I first started playing with the machine the parts catcher extended and retracted in jog mode. Now I get nothing. Don't know if they are related or not just thought I would mention it. So I think I switched something that didn't switch back and I am trying to find it in the ladder logic but I have no idea what the spindle i/o is called. Last bist of detail... The spindle free button will not light so the spindle won't unlock once the hydraulics are on and there are no alarms. Thats about it, any help with the bit call out or a solution would be great. Been working on this for about a week now and I am tired.
    Thanks