Yci Supermax

Thread: Yci Supermax

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yci Supermax

We are looking into getting a "high speed" machine. We've seen a Fadal with Fanuc drives and Fanuc 18i controller. Also came across a YCI with a Fanuc mxp-200i controller. The YCI controller appears to be exclusive to YCI.

Has anyone got any knowledge of this mxp-200i controller, and perhaps compare it to the 18i that comes with many high speed machines?

Similar Threads:
    "'Tis a poor workman who blames his tools."

Downloads
    Uploads

Krusty,

We also "were" attracted to the YCI brand. Good engineering, low price, good service reputation, good referals...
    But, when we had the factory applications engineering do a test cut for us, this is when this CNC came up really short of expectation...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=32

Cycle time was slow and accuracy was really bad...
    My advice: have all the CNC builders you're looking at run your test cut design, only then, form your opinion.
    Observation is the 1st step of the scientific method. Skip this 1st step and you're on your own. You could get lucky, but I doubt it when you're looking at the lower priced market for CNC machine tools...

Sincerely,

Scott_bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok, if you want to do a lot of high speed machining, look for a used Matsuurra machine. I once had 53 of them i was in charge of programming. and the part was always good, nothing like that test cut above.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Supermax 18 vs riser

I am searchng for a riser for a YCI SUPERMAX 18VS Also the dimensions for this would be great .
    thanks ,
    Richard Dean

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by krustykrab View Post
    We are looking into getting a "high speed" machine. We've seen a Fadal with Fanuc drives and Fanuc 18i controller. Also came across a YCI with a Fanuc mxp-200i controller. The YCI controller appears to be exclusive to YCI.

Has anyone got any knowledge of this mxp-200i controller, and perhaps compare it to the 18i that comes with many high speed machines?
    We have a YCI with a fanuc 16 controler and one with a Fanuc 18 control.....The machines we have are extremely accurate interpolating high speed while maintaining roundness...size.... and location within tenths. The fanuc control is not exclusive to YCI...atleast the ones we have.