Need Help! spindle arm stuck

Thread: spindle arm stuck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default spindle arm stuck

hello, 1st time user,
    question: have a haas super vf-3 vmc milling machine,
    the arm which holds and moves tools from tool changer to spindle has frozen with a tool holder in each pocket. the arm is all the way up and stuck, how do i move the arm down? the spindle is all the way up to the limit, i can see about an inch of the taper on the tool in the arm.
    question again is how to manually move the arm all the way to the bottom so i can remove tools in pockets.
    thanks,
    richard de leon
    mensor corp., san marcos, tx

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

You should restart this thread in the Haas Mills forum, this forum is the one for the Haas Quick Code so it may not be readily noticed.

All I know about moving the arm is that it is very tedious. You have to start a Tool Changer Restore sequence and follow the prompts on the screen. To move the arm I think you push the Up or Down cursor keys and it moves a few thou which each push.

If you restart the thread it is more likely someone with more knowledge than me will come along and reply.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

should be tool changer restore button!follow instructions i belive it is arrow up and down button to move arm