What type of coolant pump?

Thread: What type of coolant pump?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What type of coolant pump?

I finally have a coolant tank for our Haas VF3 but wondering what type of pump orginally came with these machines 110v or 230v? If anyone could look at their machine and post the info that is on the tag of the pump it would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to get something close to what was orginally installed on the machine unless there is a better option out there.

Thanks for the help!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

All my Haas machines have 230V single phase coolant pumps. If you do not already have the socket installed on the machine they are available from Haas along with a wiring harness. The high flow coolant pumps from Haas have worked fine for me. The part that fails most often is the starting switch in the motor but these last for about a million starts and are easy to replace. I have never had any problems with the pump head.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did some more searching on this forum since I posted and the high volume pump seems to be the way to go. Our machine has the socket and wiring still there. Does anyone know (without going to Haas) what specific Baldor motor and pump they used or you guys are using. Horsepower,GPM, amps, inlet outlet size?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HAAS Coolant Pumps

I have a 2007 TM-1P with the high output 3/4 HP motor. In my opinion the smaller pump option is a joke so don't go there. At the time I purchased my machine it came with an approximately 5 gallon bucket to hold the coolant and is constantly out of coolant and the pressure was pretty low in comparison to the 3/4 HP High Ouput Unit.

My original pump was powered by a Baldor motor (which is usually the brand I would prefer.) It got so hot during operation that I couldn't hardly touch it. HAAS replaced the whole pump unit under warranty with one that had a Lincoln motor on it. It has ran perfectly ever since. Nice and cool to the touch.

I think Gusher may make the actual pump that is supplied by HAAS. I talked to a guy at the Gusher booth at the recent PRI show in Orlando, Florida and seemed to think that they could supply the unit if anyone is interested. You may want to give them a call and see if they can supply one at a reasonable cost. I don't know if they supplied the coolant tank, motor and cord to HAAS or not.

I think the High Output 3/4 HP coolant pump option on my machine was in the $1100-$1200 range. I believe that included the coolant tank, 3/4 HP motor/pump assembly and the necessary cord to plug into the HAAS control cabinet. The coolant tank could possibly be of a different configuration depending on the particular HAAS machine you are installing the coolant system on.

John

2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://www.johnsmarinesolutions@gmail.com