Removing table on Super Minimill

Thread: Removing table on Super Minimill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Removing table on Super Minimill

I just bought a used super minimill, and since it is not here yet, I was wonding if anyone had taken the table off. I want to replace the table with a pallet pad for my Erowa pallets. Anyone done this?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Wouldn't it make a bit more sense just to make an adapter plate? or would you loose too much in your Z travel?

Just when you thought you had it all figured out, all hell breaks loose..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

extactly. I dont want to loose any z travel. I am not sure if you can add the riser to exsisting machines, and if you do a riser, plate then add the pallet height, and fixtures / vises etc you loose. I do have pallets for the rotary tables already made from the old machine, and makes setups a 1 minute ordeal. I was looking more if the table is on a saddle or if the bearings are integrated into it. i noticed it has a hole pattern in the top. I may just give Haas a call any wya as I need to order a 5th axis card and wiring for the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

If I get a chance today, I'll look at the maintenance book, but yea, calling the HFO would work too, their usually very helpful.

Just when you thought you had it all figured out, all hell breaks loose..

Downloads
    Uploads

MKproto

The hole pattern that you can see on the table is were the ballscrew nut mounts, you do have a extra 4" of Z travel above tool change that you can use, you just have to program it right,for the Z to go up after a tool change to clear your work if you have long tools or need more clearance, & I think the Zaxe riser block is factory fitted only,The machine is 13.5 of Z travel, that is from tool changer Z0 to the table, you have another 4" above this that can be used making it 18" from the table to the bottom of the spindle, the spindle stops 4'' from the table

Last edited by mactec54; 02-17-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Mactec54