Hass VF2 says the battery is low .
    Does anyone now where it is and can I can you change it yourself and is it
    a standard battery or something made for haas
    Thanks for your help Gary

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

from a time I have the same warning( TM`2004) , the problem is that the battery is at the lowest pcb plate , you can not reach the battery without taking all earlier pcs`s out

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

they should have used a battery holder with leads back to the board ,so the
    battery could have been located of to the side and easy to change.
    But then how could you sell the $29 dollar battery and a lot of service calls
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metaler View Post
    ... But then how could you sell the $29 dollar battery and a lot of service calls...
    But if the only time you saw the Haas repair guy in 5 years was to replace a battery, who is complaining?

I haven't bothered to look for the battery yet but I know mine is coming due (4.5 years old). I got the impression that you could reach it while the machine was under power (so the settings wouldn't be lost) and could install their backup battery to a jumper connection. No?

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have not gone in there yet ,i got the battery with leads
    Mine only lasted about 2.5 years , so if yours went over 4.5 thats good
    they tell me I have to take out 2 boards and its on the bottom board,
    plug the lead with battery in then cut old battery out.
    Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i'll have to call my service tech - he didn't say anything about cutting out my old battery. I can see how it might be a problem unless they have a circuit to prevent drain on the new one.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

they were all guessing when I got in mine it had 2 batteries and they were
    not solderd in but in but in battery holders you just slide them in and they
    had put a wire tie wrap around them each and it turns out the battery they
    sell you that comes with leads and plugs into the board ,is just to supply power while you change the old batteries . they do say there are a few differenttypes out there .
    Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=metaler;595842]they were all guessing when I got in mine it had 2 batteries and they were
    not soldered in but in but in battery holders you just slide them in and they
    had put a wire tie wrap around them each and it turns out the battery they
    sell you that comes with leads and plugs into the board ,is just to supply power while you change the old batteries . they do say there are a few differenttypes out there. I need to correct this they looked like they just slide in there but
    when I tired to remove them I failed they must be lightly soldered in there
    So I still have the 124 alarm
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

So far nobody has mentioned the first thing you do is save all your programs, Pararmeters and Settings because if the battery does die or you do something wrong you have lost everything/

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HAAS ALARM 124 Low Battery

I just had this problem with my VF-6. Thanks for this thread I was able to locate the board with 2 batteries that is causing the alarm. Yes it's the last board on series of board you have to disconnect the boards on top to get to it. I called our HAAS local supplier and they told me that I have to replace the board because the batteries is soldered to the board. A replacement board cost $2,250.00. The Lithium Batteries are $6.00 a piece. Buy 4 so you can make a backup battery so you dont lose contuity.

Its no brainer. I have to attemp to do it myself. Even if I lost continuity to the board, I don't have to pay $2,250.00 for the board but pay a HAAS technician hourly rate to reload the software.

The important thing is to have power continuity going to the board so that you don't loose you parameter and software settings. Make sure you back up your parameter settings before attempting this. There is also an external battery connector that you can utilize to have a backup power running while you are replacing the batteries.

Just got done soldering the batteries to the board. Put it back together. My VF-6 is up and running. No memory loss..... :-)

I hope this help you all out there to not shell the money for a new board.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update: You cannot load your parameters back if you experience a memory loss due to Alarm 124 ( Low Battery )

I was told by a HAAS technician that you cannot load your parameter, program & settings if you encountered a memory loss. Is this true? You have to call a Haas Technician to do it for you. I was told that their rate was $335 the first hour and $135.00 the succeeding hours....... Yes I was a little bit gung-ho about it but I think it was worth it. Just want to share this to all..........

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    So far nobody has mentioned the first thing you do is save all your programs, Pararmeters and Settings because if the battery does die or you do something wrong you have lost everything/
    I know this a an old post but have spent several hours trying to find out how to backup the parameters/settings.
    Geof, I found one of yours, printed it off but getting nowhere with the steps shown.

Any one know of step by step instructions, likely very simple, then so is flying a helicopter, once you know how.

Thanks
    Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

This is copied from an old Haas manual, from when they included this type of information.

{Parameters, Settings, Macro Variables, and Offsets may also be sent individually to the floppy disc by selecting the "LIST PROGRAM" mode, entering the floppy file name, selecting the desired display screen (PARAM, SETNG, OFSET, or the Macro Variables page of CRNT CMDS), and pressing the F2 key. They can be received by pressing the F3 key.}

It is likely the other procedure I posted was the one to save everything, Programs, Parameters, Settings, etc, all in one operation. It is a while since I have done anything like this and my memory is a bit foggy. I also remember a bit foggily that I might have found out the all-inclusive procedure did not work on older machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did find that, after I found my manual
    Still, I liked the save all in one that you posted on.

But they are at least backed up individually now.

I do so little parameter or setting changes that I always forget how to unlock, is it hit emergency stop and then what.......AGAIN, believe you answered that several year ago for me

Downloads
    Uploads

Setting 7 Parameter Lock OFF.

Then E-Stop.

Now IO am off for an hour or so.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Geof, instruction are now in my manual.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: alarm 124 low battery

Quote Originally Posted by metaler View Post
    they should have used a battery holder with leads back to the board ,so the
    battery could have been located of to the side and easy to change.
    But then how could you sell the $29 dollar battery and a lot of service calls
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Great timing for this tutorial. Mine just went out!

Downloads
    Uploads

This is a great vid, except I would not do it with the machine on. You are just begging for something to go south. 200 Volts is nothing to mess with.
    If you look at the 3.20 mark there is a white 3 or 4 pin connector to the right and just below the battery.
    Haas sells (or you could make one) a battery with a pigtail soldered on.
    You plug that in the white connector, go back the the original battery and check voltage with a meter. If you now have full (3.8ish?) volts THEN you can shut the machine off, flip the breaker and work safely.

Mine went out without the alarm Luckily I had just backed up everything) but it not as simple as reloading..I would say a good 6 hours on the phone getting everything backup and running. If you have any options..they all have options..
    They will have to confirm your options, lead you to a page where you can type in a "code" to active them, THEN you are back up and running.

They will not just turn back on because you backed up the system. I now run an extra battery in the pigtail just in case I don't get an alarm in the future.
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

They told me the don't sell or loan the jumper part. Did you hear something different or have a part number to order?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast