This is worth what?

Thread: This is worth what?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default This is worth what?

Hello
    I need help I have a 2001 Mini Mill that I need to know what its current value is. It has;
    A floppy drive
    a keyed lock out
    rigid tapping
    less then year old coolant pump
    2 kurt vises
    The timers on the machine are clocked in at
    Power on time 14741:37
    Cycle Start time 2941:44:48
    Feed Time 1902:05:14
    The Z and Y axis way covers have been resealed because of a dent in the Z axis cover having a leak.
    And its good and dirty
    I need the value to be in CAD but I can convert so p;ease any help would be appreciated but could you state the currency your estimate is in, that would be a big help.
    New there just over 30 but I need to know for used.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Wayyyy too many variables to give you a solid answer. It'll even depend on your location and local market as to who will be willing to buy and what the economics are of purchasing in your local market.

Using my 2004 VF-2 as a point of reference: there is an almost identical machine to mine on eBay that has similar in-cut hours to the mini you mentioned (and three years newer). It's listed for about half of the new purchase price and it's been relisted a couple of times with no takers.

Based on that, I'd say that Mini is probably worth somewhere south of half of its new price (not the current 'new' price). That might still be high, depending on condition but it's a starting point.

Are you buying or selling?

Last edited by Donkey Hotey; 09-27-2008 at 07:56 PM.
    Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry i thought i had enough info. I am doing this work my boss who has asked me to figure out a starting market price. It will be sold in the lowermainland of BC Canada in a market that is not booming but doing very well. So 50% off the bought price I don't think is to far off 30 new for the 2001 year I think.
    The condition isn't perfict it has worked for a living...not as hard as it could have but still worked.
    Hope thats more of the info that could help

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, there are two on eBay right now. One is a 2002 with a Buy-it-Now of $20K and no takers yet. The other is a 2001 with a BIN of $25K...also no takers.

If I were shopping right now, this is what I'd be looking at:

• A new machine is $33K.
    • The new machine has the larger screen and USB standard (no need for the floppy anymore).
    • Rigid tap & keylock add $1500
    • Coolant is $500

That machine would be about $35K brand new. Throw in something for delivery and two Kurt vises and it's still shy of $40K for a brand new machine with all the latest goodies and a warranty.

Yeah, my guess would still be $15-20K. Anybody else going to chime in?

Greg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
    ....Yeah, my guess would still be $15-20K. Anybody else going to chime in?
    Ding ding .

Your analysis sounds good to me. And thank you for starting this thread BRIAN, I also have a Miniumill about that age that I want to value.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks guys thats what i was wanting to here.