Complaints or wish list

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Complaints or wish list

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Complaints or wish list

OK ... Lets hear it. What is wrong, what would you like to see improved, or what you would like to see on a Haas?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

better service
    and stop tecs from telling me i am the only one who has ever had a problem with a haas machine. "never seen that before" they say
    any more and it would sound like a rant

Downloads
    Uploads

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22235

Seems a bit unnecessary to type my post over again.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

And what are you going to do about it call Gene yourself?

I would like to see a mid auto manual type button where I can jog the tool away and check it with the push of the cycle start the machine goes back to where I manually jogged away from.

Better chip return and less chips in my coolant tank I have a new 55 gallon tank and I think I get more chips than coolant some days.

Quiter Z axis way covers!

Full C Axis option on TL-15's and TL-25's sub spindles what good is the sub and live tool if I don't have a full C axis on the sub.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Timan yeah.I wonder if the new Haases have that option.Fadal has had that since at least 1994.Hit Feed hold then jog away to anywhere.Then hit Cycle start and it asks you if you want to return too the spot where you left off from the program.Its nice too have.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pit202 View Post
    Thank you Pit202, I remembered seeing that but could not find it again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know tht but you have to go thru some steps I would like for my operator's to hit one button. I myself have no problem with that but when you hire button pushers sometimes it is easier!

Downloads
    Uploads

I have come to the conclusion that I dont like the jog set up. The membrane buttons. I like the rotary switches, Fadal sytle. I can have my head in the machine and feel the switches without looking at them. Even with a remote jog, you have to look at the button before you push it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll toss this idea out, even though I admit it is a little bit off the wall

RE: jogging in Z for tool setting: For me, this is a continuous repetitive list of motions: push .1 (jog increment), jog down near, push .01 jog closer, push .001 jog even closer, push .0001 to get the final touchoff.

So what my suggestion (for discussion) would be this: for each reversal of the feed handwheel, the jog increment automatically drops down one 'notch'.

So you might begin at .1 increment, rotating the handwheel to bring the tool down, pause and reverse the handwheel by some amount, then continue downwards again, but now the jog increment has auto stepped down to .01, and so on.

At any time, this can be overridden by pressing the jog interval of your choice. Whenever the jog increment has auto stepped all the way to .0001, then it stays there until you push an increment button to change it.

I don't know the details of how it would be done, but that is what I think I'd like. It might be handy in X and Y, too, but perhaps a button option would be necessary to enable this or disable it on the spur of the moment, nothing as arduous as setting a parameter to make it behave this way (or not).

BTW, make this software change backwards compatible for machines back to 1995

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by timan View Post
    And what are you going to do about it call Gene yourself?
    Gene Haas has problems of his own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Haas

Wayne Hill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

one think could be done in toolrooms , jogging axis with pre-setted speed , there are some works that I made without programming eg facing or is a way that I don`t know ?

Downloads
    Uploads

one think could be done in toolrooms , jogging axis with pre-setted speed , there are some works that I made without programming eg facing or is a way that I don`t know ?
    On the mill you can select .001 increments then jog lock the axis you want and use feed override to speed up or slow down the travel. Plus setting the jog limits for incremental step overs step downs.

Speaking of TM-1s a bit more ridgidity would be nice. I can't take the cuts I want without the maching shaking like a dog trying to pass a peach seed and forget getting 100% spindle loading and the extra torque that goes with it in that kind of situation 65% max on both of our shop's.

Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Downloads
    Uploads

As Shotout mentions the Feedrate overrides work for Jog Lock. Setting .001 is 1ipm and you can override up to 2 and setting .01 gives 10ipm and you can underride down to nothing in steps of 10%.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hu,

Maybe you should look at a new machine with the renishaw probing option
    Best value for the dollar in my mind!!!!

"It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd like to see a faster refresh rate on the new controllers. It can be brutally slow, particularly whan doing surfacing where your firing through code like there is no tomorrow!!!!!!!!

"It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Faster processors like real computers

better handling on HSM

the new screen is nice

Rapid--->HS Feed, I would like to see this work, or get rid of the dog leg rapid all together

REAL horsepower ratings. Not just the HP rating of the motor.

Better chip conveyor system--why should anyone need a chipenator?

Longer chip spout- the ones they come with are too short to even put a trash can under to catch chips, we had to make some extensions.

It seems customer service has gone down hill with Haas, now you get BS answers cause they don't want to fix anything or actually listen to the users.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_M. View Post
    ....Longer chip spout- the ones they come with are too short to even put a trash can under to catch chips, we had to make some extensions.

It seems customer service has gone down hill with Haas, now you get BS answers cause they don't want to fix anything or actually listen to the users.
    What is the saying...you can't please all the people all the time...we cut ours down because they were too long .

And on the service front that is I believe a dealer responsibility. I get good service when I need it which is not very often.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    What is the saying...you can't please all the people all the time...we cut ours down because they were too long .

And on the service front that is I believe a dealer responsibility. I get good service when I need it which is not very often.
    So true :0)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

070613-2014 EST USA

Rob M:

What do you mean by real horsepower? Is it the power output from the motor shaft, or the power output from the spindle?

The HP rating on the machine is probably for 150% load. So 2/3 of that would be the 100% rating. Now is the 100% rating good for 100% duty cycle at a room ambient of 110 deg F. I doubt it. However, look at what is actually in the HAAS specifications for your machine and it is probably fairly accurate.

The power output at the end of the spindle is going to be less than the motor output and a lot less at high spindle RPM.

HAAS may use specmanship on their front panel label, but I do not think so in the actual specs. At the moment I can not find where HAAS has the motor power, torque, and duty cycle on their site. But for example on the VF-2 the spindle is rated peak power of 20 Hp. This is probably the maximum short time rating of the motor controller as reflected to the ouput of the motor shaft. And this is probably the 150 % point.

So long as you can get speed torque specs from all manufactures you can make comparisons. Car engines are a bigger problem. Here an engine with a higher peak HP may actually have less power at 1800 RPM than an engine with a lower peak HP. For a large vehicle 1800 RPM maybe a good figure for 60 MPH in overdrive. Auto engines are rated by peak HP rather than Torque or HP at a normal driving RPM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast