Next Gen control

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Gen control

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Next Gen control

Is there a way to load a .DXF file on a haas with next gen Control?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WILDMAN2 View Post
    Is there a way to load a .DXF file on a haas with next gen Control?
    This is from the Haas web site, I'm sure it would be similar, do you have the IPS programing in the control

https://diy.haascnc.com/reference-do...ps-programming

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    This is from the Haas web site, I'm sure it would be similar, do you have the IPS programing in the control

That is the classic control. It is a nice control have no problem)
    The new Haas came with next gen control nothing is the same (some stuff I like but if I can't load my .dxf file it's worthless)

Downloads
    Uploads

That is the classic control. It is a nice control have no problem)
    The new Haas came with next gen control nothing is the same (some stuff I like but if I can't load my .dxf file it's worthless)
    Just because they had it before, does not make the new control worthless, this is not a normal thing to be able to import a dxf file and work on it, at the machine control, I would say it is a good thing if they have eliminated it, nobody should be standing at a control making programs today, it is so unproductive to do this

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

....................... nobody should be standing at a control making programs today, it is so unproductive to do this
    I would disagree with you here. It depends on what kind of work you are doing. Most of what I do is repair type work, one-offs, prototypes, and very short run jobs. Being able to develop parts and make changes to drawings right at the machine saves me a lot of time. Also being able to simultaneously run a job and work on drawing or the CAM for the next operations right at the machine is helpful also. Allows me to make changes on-the-fly as needed without trotting back to my office workstation.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    I would disagree with you here. It depends on what kind of work you are doing. Most of what I do is repair type work, one-offs, prototypes, and very short run jobs. Being able to develop parts and make changes to drawings right at the machine saves me a lot of time. Also being able to simultaneously run a job and work on drawing or the CAM for the next operations right at the machine is helpful also. Allows me to make changes on-the-fly as needed without trotting back to my office workstation.
    Sounds to me like we are in the same line of work

Haas Clasic control (that is what I can not find in Next Gen Control

Downloads
    Uploads

You are talking about doing something totally different, any machine control you can make changes on the fly, this is normal, you are talking about Hobby level, the real world is all about producing parts, having the machine run, it's much faster to work off line, than have an operator playing at the machine control

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

You are talking about doing something totally different, any machine control you can make changes on the fly, this is normal, you are talking about Hobby level, the real world is all about producing parts, having the machine run, it's much faster to work off line, than have an operator playing at the machine control
    No, I'm not talking about ''Hobby level''. I'm talking about product development, tool & die, machine design/build, and machine repairs. All for T&M. Just because I'm not making runs of 1000s of parts does not mean that I don't run a professional shop, I just have a different business model. There are a lot of production shops around, but very few that do what I do. I do stuff that other shops won't touch or don't know how to do. I get paid the same if I'm thinking about it or making chips. I do a lot of CAD/CAM work right at the machine and would find it inconvenient if I were not able to do that work at the machine.

Last edited by Jim Dawson; 01-18-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

No, I'm not talking about ''Hobby level''. I'm talking about product development, tool & die, machine design/build, and machine repairs. All for T&M. Just because I'm not making runs of 1000s of parts does not mean that I don't run a professional shop, I just have a different business model. There are a lot of production shops around, but very few that do what I do. I do stuff that other shops won't touch or don't know how to do. I get paid the same if I'm thinking about it or making chips. I do a lot of CAD/CAM work right at the machine and would find it inconvenient if I were not able to do that work at the machine.
    You don't need to be making a lot of parts, I can do ( 1 off ) parts all day long, its still quicker to program them off line, than standing at the machine control, I know where you are coming from though, most have been there, but what you do is just a bad example of what should not be done, when the machine is running

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

.......... but what you do is just a bad example of what should not be done, when the machine is running
    In most cases I would agree with you, in fact, most CNC software would not allow you to do that because it would just crash. However, in my case once you hit the run button all the UI software is doing is updating the DRO display, rendering the toolpath graphic, and drip feeding the pre-compiled motion commands to the controller command buffer as requested by the controller on a priority thread. The PC CPU is doing pretty much nothing. The PC will livestream video and run a part simultaneously.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

You all are well behind the curve here! I am now able to perform real time finite element analysis right at the machine!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeWhite View Post
    You all are well behind the curve here! I am now able to perform real time finite element analysis right at the machine!
    Thats nothing new, 6 years ago I had my first hands on a machine control that had this installed, it was very cool at the time, but like everything, does not mean anything if nobody has a need for it

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Back to the start has anyone figured out how to load a .dxf file on a Next generation control?

Downloads
    Uploads

Back to the start has anyone figured out how to load a .dxf file on a Next generation control?
    Contact Haas, they don't have anything in there manual, about it, may be an added feature, if they still have it

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I would think its in the programing manual that you can download but a call to haas would sort it out in a few min.
    But the only thing that I want to do at the machine is screw the vice in and out and push the green button.
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Parts View Post
    I would think its in the programing manual that you can download but a call to haas would sort it out in a few min.
    But the only thing that I want to do at the machine is screw the vice in and out and push the green button.
    Gary
    They took it out (was a great thing why would the take it out?)
    May need to look at other options for next machine (we use that all the time on Lathe)

Downloads
    Uploads

I have 5'000 .dxf drawings that we had in are Haas clasic control. Is there a program out there that I can use to make them .jpeg and be able to put notes on them
    so I can view them in the Next Gen control.

Downloads
    Uploads

Most programs that will generate a DXF will also save the file as a JPG. What program did you use the generate the DXF files in the first place?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

To your question, does the old hass control ( I assume you still have it) output the dxf, and if so you might beable to get them that way.??
    Gary

This is why I never do anything but simple edits at the machine.
    Records. I can go back to day one if I need to generate a part I have all of my drawings toolpaths, notes on the computer..of course the computer could take a dump, so I have multiple computers for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast