Need Help! Haas HRT160 Won't home

Thread: Haas HRT160 Won't home

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas HRT160 Won't home

I have a 2011 HRT160 rotary that won't home. We have had a Haas tech in, spent hours on the phone with Haas and no luck.

What it does when I home it it dose move a very small amount and the give me a 1 second beep. No alarms other than it keeps asking me to home the axis. We can manually move it with the home setting off.

Here is what has been checked. We have gone through all the parameters and even tried calling it 2 different models. I have checked the wiring for any broken or shorted wires, none. When moving it manually we can get the proximity/home switch to go on and off.

Seems everyone is stumped and I'm scared to call Haas in again at $130/hr to stand there and change super expensive parts. While investigating this issue they found I had a bad memory chip and that ended up costing almost $8K

Thanks,

Stephen

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas HRT160 Won't home

One more check. I rotated the table 360 and as per the distance moved on the screen it says 220deg.

Downloads
    Uploads

One more simple check is you said "and even tried calling it 2 different models"
    I had this one get me once, when you look at the page of available models there is a "next page" or drop down..don't remember but there are more than you see at first glance.

I would try them all no matter what the description says.
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

On that era of machine (2011) doesn't the beep mean the door locks are disengaged? That's what my 2012 does.
    It sounds like a software issue. Did the technician perform a factory reset on the control? (the one where you wipe all the parameters?)

The angle mismatch problem is common when you select the incorrect model rotary hardware since the gear ratio is different (so the encoder doesn't match up to the physical movement). It definitely sounds like there's a weird parameter going on...