Fault in program

Thread: Fault in program

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fault in program

Hi have a haas vf4ss when I am machine a Complexed job with loads of little pockets it keeps leaving little marks where the tool start to ramp down before it get to where the pocket is if I put absolute stop Check on this will not happen but the cycle time will Increase loads does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fault in program

You mean the tool is gouging the top surface outside of the pocket? That could be happening because you are ramping down outside of the pocket boundary. I would think either raising your R-plane a little, or not ramping outside of the pocket should solve the problem.

You say it doesn't happen if you turn on Exact Stop, so it is probably a problem with the rounding that occurs between moves. You could try putting G61 (exact stop) before the positioning moves, so that the corners aren't rounded. Then put G64 right after you get in position, so that your pocketing moves aren't done in exact stop, which will slow things down.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch_CNC View Post
    You mean the tool is gouging the top surface outside of the pocket? That could be happening because you are ramping down outside of the pocket boundary. I would think either raising your R-plane a little, or not ramping outside of the pocket should solve the problem.

You say it doesn't happen if you turn on Exact Stop, so it is probably a problem with the rounding that occurs between moves. You could try putting G61 (exact stop) before the positioning moves, so that the corners aren't rounded. Then put G64 right after you get in position, so that your pocketing moves aren't done in exact stop, which will slow things down.
    That right if I put g61 in the job is fine but had 20min it the cycle time just wondering if there's something else I can do

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mat227 View Post
    That right if I put g61 in the job is fine but had 20min it the cycle time just wondering if there's something else I can do
    This is a picture of what is happening

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fault in program

It's not clear in your answers but can you confirm that you have done as Fletch said and turned on G61 to position above each hole then turned it off each time? That wouldn't add to much time IMO but will be a PIA if there are a lot of holes. On the other hand, program once for many parts...

Also, no picture showed up.