Haas Smart Amp for 4th axis

Thread: Haas Smart Amp for 4th axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas Smart Amp for 4th axis

I need to know if the Haas Smart amp can be used for brush 4th axis'. I have a machine that I want to put my 4th's on but don't know what 4th drive it has, or should I say I don't know if it is for brush and brushless drives. I have so many different drives that I hope one will work for a fourth axis or bth. I have a 4015M-C, a 4015J-B, and 4015J-a, and a smart amp available.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Similar Threads:
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas Smart Amp for 4th axis

I ran into this a few years ago, but was told the communications protocol was different with the older controllers. But I think that would have more to do with our specific controller, not just brush vs brushless. I know you can use brushed motors with brushless amps by utilizing a converter cable, but I dunno if the opposite is possible.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Haas Smart Amp for 4th axis-imag1180-vf2-jpg